Pregnant after 35
Options

41 and Pregnant..I Think...

Hi everyone. New to the board. My name is Heather...I'm 41.....I live in Jersey. My husband is Jules and we have a 6 yr old daughter named Sadie Lillian. I was supposed to get AF on Monday and it never came. I'm usually like clockwork so I was a bit distressed so I took a pregnancy test....two actually.   There was a very faint plus sign both times.  Anyone else have that happen to them?  I went to the Dr on Wednesday and had blood drawn.  They called me back on Thursday and said my numbers were really low...44 to be exact.  So, now I go back on Monday to have more blood drawn and see if my numbers went up.  I haven't had any spotting or cramping so I am assuming that is good.  Have been achy in that area though.  I am really nervous and excited and scared..and I think I have run the gamut of emotions.  My husband and I have not used bc in probably 3 years...so we basically assumed that I was  too old to conceive.  Well that was a big mistake!  So hear I am at 41 wondering how in the hell am I going to do this..lol.  I am so scared of something being wrong with the baby and me for that matter.  With my last pregnancy I had really bad Preclampsia and also gestational diabetes.  Also, my amniotic fluid was low.  After the birth, C-section, I was on magnesium for about 3 days. I I also feel guilty because I'm not super happy about the pregnancy...I feel like should be overjoyed but I'm nervous and don't even know if it will stick.

Re: 41 and Pregnant..I Think...

• Options

Hello Heather,

I am 47 and my story is a little different.  This is my first pregnancy.  I was para-menopausal for the last 14 years.  I also was like clockwork on my cycle and had been tracking my periods for 7 years.  I was looking forward to the day I would end menopause.   I went 34 days without a period and out of the blue I decided to take a pregnancy test and I took 2 as well.  My results were both positive.  I also went to a women's clinic and had another test done, which resulted in positive.  Because, I was para-menopausal they took a blood test because they said I could get a false positive and my results from that test were very high levels.  It took an ultrasound to verify that I was pregnant.   I also have GB and I will be 36 weeks come Monday.  I have had a very easy pregnancy with hardly any symptoms.  So far, everything has been going well with the baby, even though we can't get my GB (fasting numbers) under control with med's or insulin.   I would wait to see if you are indeed pregnant.  You will be considered a high risk pregnancy if you are pregnant, but you may indeed have a healthy pregnancy without complications.  I feel blessed that I am having a baby after being told I could never have one.  If it's meant to be, it will happen.  I wish you the best and don't feel bad about your emotions and feelings.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"