C-sections
Options

Csection prep procedures

Okay so my csection is tomorrow at noon. This will be my second one but it has been over 2 years and I cannot remember all the rules for prepping for the procedure. With my first, it seemed like everyone told me beforehand but I guess since I have done it before they assumed I remember it all. I have to go in at 9:30 for admitting. I know I am not suppose to eat anything after midnight. I also researched and found information on bathing with antibacterial soap beforehand (a given) and also it mentioned not to shave pubic hair the day before (this I did not know, I did it last time and no one said anything). But I cannot find any other information. I think I remember no jewelry or metal items, no fingernail polish, and maybe no makeup? Is this correct? Are there any other things I am missing? Thank you for any help.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Re: Csection prep procedures

• Options
    Your memory is better than mine, and from what I can tell it's all correct. No drinking after midnight would be another one though. And if you can refrain from shaving down south it can/may prevent ingrowns in your incision. My hospital provided me with a wipe to disinfect myself prior to going to admitting, as opposed to antibacterial soap.
    "What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • Options
    It's been 3 years for me, but I was able to wear makeup and fingernail/toenail polish during mine. My RCS is in 2 weeks and so far the only guideline they've told me is no food or drinks after midnight.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Call your OB or hospital, many have different rules.  My only rule was no eating/drinking for 8 hours before, and I'm not sure about jewelry, I didn't want to chance losing it so didn't even ask about it.  I was able to wear makeup, didn't have to wash with special soap, wore nail polish (actually had acrylics), and got rid of the pubic hair myself.  Nobody batted an eye at any of it.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options

With DS I had a c/s & they actually shaved just the top of my hair... I didn't have any issues with ingrowth, etc...  I'm sure you can wear nailpolish & makeup - in fact I know women who go in for scheduled c/s fully made up for the pics w/ the baby...

I have my c/s scheduled for next Tues - the not eating part is going to be tough for me - if I don't eat first thing in the morning I still throw up (happened last weekend in fact).  Mine is scheduled for 8am though, but I will prob. eat a few crackers at like 3-4am or something - I really really do not want to throw up during surgery.  I'm going to talk to my Dr today about it...

• Options
    i had to removed my belly button jewelry before the surgery
    Bradley Houston - 04.01.13
  • Options
    I just had my RCS 2 weeks ago.  Couldn't eat after midnight, no contacts, no nail polish but I could have my toes painted, no jewlery.  I did shave before and the nurses were totally ok with that.  They checked to see if I needed shaved and told me that they didn't need to do anything because I was good to go.  I hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"