Preemies
Options

Also in the 1-year birthday club

Today.  I'm with Pathfinder and Philly.  Today, my wee ones were born.  I feel better after posting a "getting my feelings out" post on our Caringbridge.  Yesterday (the day I went in the hospital) I was pretty weepy.

Getting all prepared for their party tomorrow.  I'm very excited about that, but if one more person tells me to focus on how great they're doing (which they are), and how far they've come (they have), I'm going to scream at them.  I get it.  I'm grateful.  You don't get it.  They weren't supposed to be here yet.  I just have to remember people are just trying to be nice, and really don't know what to say. 

So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of...
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Also in the 1-year birthday club

• Options
    Happy Birthday to your girls.

• Options
    Hugs! Today has been rough and I have cried a few times. Today is the day they started my induction. We are prepping for his birthday and party tomorrow and I got out one of his preemie outfits to get a comparison pic and lost it. Seeing how far we've come is such a mixed bag. I'm so proud but like you said... We shouldn't have had to!!

I hope that your day is filled with more smiles than tears. Hug your little ones tightly and know that you've come just as far as they have... Even if it doesn't always feel like it.

And happy birthdays !!!!!!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagePhillyGal34:
    Hugs! Today has been rough and I have cried a few times. Today is the day they started my induction. We are prepping for his birthday and party tomorrow and I got out one of his preemie outfits to get a comparison pic and lost it. Seeing how far we've come is such a mixed bag. I'm so proud but like you said... We shouldn't have had to!! I hope that your day is filled with more smiles than tears. Hug your little ones tightly and know that you've come just as far as they have... Even if it doesn't always feel like it. And happy birthdays !!!!!!

((hugs back!))  We may make a visit up to our NICU tonight.  I just may lose it a little. :)  Thank you for the "smile wishes!"  So far, so good!  Got them in their "daycare birthday outfits" (I swear, I have, like 5 outfits for the different "occasions" - day-of, party, pictures with photographer.  So many cute options for girls!  I'm having a blast!)  It will be a good day/weekend!  I know it!  Good vibes, thoughts and prayers your way this weekend too! 

• Options
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes!  My husband said it best that the first 4 months of this year didn't go fast, but once they came home....whooosh!  I'm sure it will only continue!
  • Options
    I totally understand being grateful but still emotional. It's really impossible for people to understand.
    Happy birthday to your little ones! I have been feeling better now that max's birthday has passed. I hope you start to feel better soon too!
    We have our party tomorrow too. I'm totally stressing about trying to make everything perfect. Ugh. Hopefully I can relax and enjoy the day. I hope you have a great day! Enjoy the party!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Happy birthday to your girls!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi Ladies,'happy birthday to your Los. My LO just recently turned one.  I'm with you!  

DS was born in April 2012 at 31 weeks - 45 days in NICU
  • Options
    KatFCoKatFCo member

Happy birthday to your girls and congratulations to you.

DD just celebrated her 6th birthday a couple of weeks ago and I can promise you it does get better. The night before her birthday this year, I was pretty down because it was the day I realized something was wrong.

It is hard because people don't always understand; they think we should just "get over it." Let yourself remember and let yourself feel all the emotions--both good and bad; let yourself feel the regret and say "what if."

But I promise, it does get better.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"