Adoption

Picking an agency question

We live in Colorado in a smallish town about 100 miles south of Denver.  Do you think we should look for an agency in a large city like Denver?  We have 1 small agency here in our town and that is it.  I am wondering if we go with a bigger city if that would give us a better chance at getting a baby.  Any thoughts?
Baby #1: 19 cycles, failed IUI, and 1 + IVF 3-5-07
Baby #2: 12 cycles, 1 failed FET, natural miracle but m/c at 9 weeks then another natural miracle that stuck! 9-30-09

TTC #3 - 4 cycles - no BFP yet!

Re: Picking an agency question

• I would say go with an agency that you feel comfortable with- regardless of distance, but check with the agency to see if they require that you go to their offices at all so you can decide from there.  We looked at agencies two states away because where we live there aren't many to choose from.  our agency's main office is 2 hours away. 
  • Go with who works for you and with you. DH and I live in the boonies of PA, and are trying to decide between a small place and a larger, more established agency. We're leaning towards one of them, but won't make a decision until we talk to them both and get a better feel for them.

See what the different agencies are like and how they will work for you, and decide that way.

• Loading the player...
  • I agree, go with an agency that you feel comfortable with regardless of distance. For example, while our agency is licensed in our state but they do not have an office here.

The reason I went with them is because of the number of domestic infant adoptions they perform each year, the size of their staff - even though they are not located in our state, the efficacy and transparency about them, their programs, and adoption via their web site, and their speed in responding to a non-client's questions that I emailed to them. It was wonderful to have an agency help you in such a speedy manner without you being their client. And, they have their own staff here to perfrom the home study which can be provided in about 4-6 weeks (or less with expedited fees).

Since we have joined the agency we have great communication with them via phone, fed-ex, and email.

I think you have make a list of what is important to you about the agency you work with and then use those guidelines to find your agency. If it is local - all the better!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"