May 2012 Moms
Options

Grinding Teeth

For the past few days I've noticed LO grinding her teeth. She only just got her top front teeth not even a month ago and I'm afraid she's going to grind them down to nothing if she keeps this up. I also worry that it may be something more serious just because my DH grinds his teeth at night too especially when he's stressed. LO has nothing to be stressed about so I don't know. I wonder if she does this at night and that's why she wakes up.... I'll have to check on that tonight. 

Does your LO grind their teeth? DH wears a special made mouth guard the dentist made him to wear at night, you don't think she would need something like that too, do you? I don't know what to think. The noise bothers me so much. When my husband does it at night it wakes me up and to hear her do it just makes me shake every time. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

Re: Grinding Teeth

• Options
    ebl2ebl2 member

Glad to know it's probably just a phase. Now that you mention it I'm sure it is just the newness of them being there. she cut the first one a month ago and the second about a week ago and she grinds against the one that has been there longer because I bet it's now long enough for her to notice. She cut the two on either side of her front ones first so she hasn't been able to get at them til now.

Thanks ladies! Glad to know it's a phase. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Options
    My oldest now 9 grinds his in his sleep on and off. The dentist said there's nothing they can or will do until they're at least six and only then if its really bad. Luckily Danny does it less now, his was really bad in the 2 to 4 year old time. He did start it when he was a baby but it would come and go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"