School-Aged Children

Anyone not sending their

Child to CCD? I had this conversation with someone today and did not really feel like defending my position so I did not fully get into it. What do you say when asked why?
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Anyone not sending their

• We don't go to church, so no one is bugging us about it.

I think it would be highly inappropriate for one parent to make another parent feel pressure to defend her position about whether or not to send children to CCD.

I can't imagine how that conversation would go after the following exchange:

Person 1: Hey, are your kids doing CCD?

Person 2: No, they're not doing it.

Person 1: Oh, okay.

Where does Person 1 go after that without being extraordinarily rude?  That's awful for someone to put you in that position. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • imagebmerr:
    Same answer when they ask why we didn't baptize our son... because we're not religious.

We Baptised our kids and originally were not married in the church becaue DH did not have an annullment. but had a ceremony years after at the church. The conversation came up with my son's Godmother who I am the Godmother of her son. I just said that there are too many things that I do not agree with the Church but honestly blanked besides homosexuality but since I could not think of more I refused to name only one reason.
  • Loading the player...
  • Cmeon_the_water

Lol. I am the master of useless facts and honestly can say he likely does not rember because he was probably taught very little. I rember coloring many pages of Jesus if that means anything. I still rember most prayers and if asked what being a Catholic means I can recite most of The Creed or The Apostles Creed but that is it. I went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat years ago on Broadway and my Jewish friend laughed so hard because I did not know it was a Bible story.

Neverblushed, pretty much it was hard not to say something rude but since she did not get too pushy I did not get rude. I was shocked that she did not make any negative ENT about our decision to put the kids in Chinese School since the last time I mentioned that she acted crazy but I think she is realizing that I am not looking for opinions. My DH is Chinese and I am Caucasian and we have no family here and the kids want to learn the language and DH never teaches them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"