Georgia Babies

Anyone ever use Fenugreek?

I'm exclusively pumping b/c Oliver never was able to latch. My freezer stash is almost gone and he is outeating what I can pump out. I'm generally usually a little wary of herbal stuff, but has anyone tried this in the past to increase supply? Where there any side effects and did you notice a difference?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone ever use Fenugreek?

• I tried it with both kids. You can find it at GNC over by the target in Lawrenceville.  It makes you smell like maple syrup and it made my stomach feel a little off.  I don't know if it helped.  I think I wasn't able to produce milk because I had a gallbladder issue.  When I added brewers yeast I saw the biggest difference.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A few of us had luck with Chick fil a milkshakes everyday. Can't hurt right? :

• Loading the player...
  • I tried it in capsule form and it seemed to help (for a little while, at least). No side effects other than I smelled like maple syrup :/

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• care99care99 member
    I used it and think it helped, but I also upped my water and calories.  Are you eating oatmeal?  That helped me.  There are also some kind of lactation brownies that people used to post, but I don't have the recipe.  You might want to google them.
  • I like the Chick fil a milkshake idea! I actually tried brewers yeast, too, but don't think I took enough. I may try again. I already have some digestive issues, so not sure I want to take a chance with Fenugreek!
  • it totally worked for me. i have taken the pills and they were ok, but i really had better luck with the liquid form that i got at whole foods. you will smell like maple syrup and it seemed to make me thirsty (which is good because lots of water only helps). make sure you drink A LOT and oatmeal was also very helpful.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • KerrinKerrin member
    I used it with pretty good success.  Brewer's yeast also worked, as well as oatmeal, mother's milk tea, and make sure you drink a TON of water every day.
  • Fenugreek worked for me as well. IMO, the maple syrup smell was a plus. :-) Also, oatmeal, Mother's Milk, and more water. And try a warm compress when you're ready to pump. 
  • Oatmeal for breakfast everyday. Upping my protein and dark beer. Although I have found cider beer helps boost my supply in the same way. Just maybe 3 a week. Although let's be honest more are consumed most weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"