December 2011 Moms

Normal toddler behaviour?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Normal toddler behaviour?

• DS is the same with the tv! He goes up to it all the time, but he also watches from afar like you mentioned.

He also still cries every time I drop him off, and he goes Monday through Friday. He usually stops by the time I get out of the door, but its still an everyday thing.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS could care less about the TV, DD OTOH, she's still exhibiting that behavior and she's 8.5... 

DS still has a bit of separation anxiety but not when at daycare.  If I go downstairs for the laundry, you can assure yourself he'll be yowling.  Heck, if I go to the bathroom and shut the door behind me it's as though I've left him forever...

I just keep reminding myself one day I'll miss this...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS does it too but only for a few seconds.  He really could care less about TV - DD on the other hand begs for us to turn on the TV.  We rarely do TV during the week and she will constantly ask for us to turn it on.  Now that it is finally nice out we can redirect and go outside and play! 

DS doesn't have seperation anxiety at daycare but that's because he's been going fulltime since he was 12 weeks old.  Once in a great while he'll cling to me but doesn't really cry at all.  But like a PP at home if I go to the bathroom, go upstairs, he will freak out and scream like something awful has just happened! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• RicolaRicola member

Alex doesn't watch TV, so I have no experience there. 

He is still dealing with separation anxiety, too. He just started to cry in the mornings when DH leaves for work or goes into his office in our house to work. I think he's getting more attached to DH these days.  

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Yes, TV thing happens all the time here. I'm constantly having to tell him to come sit by me so he can watch his Sesame Street :)

His DC days depend on his mood really. He was fine when he was going every day, but now that he's been home with me on summer break, when I take him once or twice a week, he cries. But the teacher says that he stops almost immediately and never cries during the day. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"