Two Under 2

Surprise BFP.

I tested and got a BFP this am. I am really happy, but also really freaked out. I know it will be crazy hard. Help me focus on the awesome, what's your favorite thing about having 2u2?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Surprise BFP.

• I felt that same way with my second BFP and the third.  It's a wonderful gift but so overwhelming all at the same time!  It is hard at the beginning but it gets easier and easier.  I love how well they play together..most of the time.Wink  It's also nice that you're not really out of baby mode when the second comes.  It was so hard for me to adjust the first time to sleepless nights but it was easy with the second since we were still in the midst of them. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Its a tie between When they kick me out of their room to play alone together and I hear the giggles or when my son com running from whatever activity he's doing when dd gets her medicine 3xs a day so he can rub her head and tell her its going to be ok.

congrats on #2 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageItsAllGravy7:

Congratulations!!! My 2nd was a surprise as well. I don't even need to tell you the best thing let me show you in the most AW response possible...

Thank you for this. I know I am not OP but this picture really helps me focus on the good. :) 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That picture makes my day!

OP, my youngest is only 3 months old so I'm still pretty new to this.. DS2 is just now starting to pay attention to his brother and it melts my heart. I just notice how intently he pays attention to him and then just burst out in smiles or giggles.. Usually when my oldest isn't even doing anything!

This past week I have been going to bed with my heart so full just seeing them together. I can't imagine it any better!

• kagl08kagl08 member

Congrats! It's always very exciting, but so overwhelming as well. It really does get better as they get older. 

My favorite part is how they are best friends. They play together, laugh together, fight together, but they love each other so much. I told my DD (almost 3) that I signed her up for preschool this fall and the first question out of her mouth was if her brother could go with her. When I told her no, she cried and said she didn't want to go.

Sibling love is the best thing I've ever seen!  

• Mine are 14 months apart and I was terrified at first, to say the least. But here I am, still alive, house isn't in pieces, marriage intact, and enjoying my kids. DS#1 is starting to interact more with #2, and #2 is fascinated with #1. They are pretty cute together. Yes, the first few months were interesting, but now that seems like 100 years ago. #2 just started STTN and I feel like a whole new woman. Breathe, enjoy your LO while they have your full attention, and keep a detailed baby book/calendar.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine will be 11 months apart when 2 arrives. Got a BFP when 1 was just over 2 months it is so scary and overwhelming, but exciting at the same time! I am 38 weeks and can't wait to meet 2 and see how they interact together. Everyone I have talked to with children close in age say it is tricky at first but they love it!! Good luck with your pregnancy!
  • On Father's day, DS1 (2.5 years) requested that we put DS2 (11 months) in the cozy-coupe car so he could push him, and DS2 smiled from ear to ear the whole time and turned around so his brother could see him smiling. Then, DS1 requested that they sit in the car and get pushed together. DS2 sat on his lap and DS1 wrapped his arms around him and they both laughed and laughed while DH pushed them.

That is all.

• i loved all the responses... :) and that picture ... i have to log in everyday to see it to focus on the positive.. i am still in shock with this second pregnancy ..i am 6w right nw and they would be 19 months apart
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can't speak for my own kiddos yet, but as the second in a 2u2, there's definitely a reason why I planned my family that way. My sister and I are super close, and are legitimately best friends as well as sisters, even though we live in different states. It was (mostly) like growing up with a built in best friend, and we got closer once we got older and had the same group of friends. (I ended up marrying the best friend of a guy she dated!) I can't imagine it was always rainbows and kittens for my parents- who had 4u8 at one point(!) but I'm so grateful that they did that for us. 
    IMG_0663
  • I second this.  My brother and I are 18 months apart and we've been best friends our whole lives.  When i was in nursery and he was in kindergarten we used to hold hands and play through the fence during recess.  We still talk or text almost every day even though we're each busy parents living on opposites sides of the world.  It's the stuff I remind myself of as I'm freaking out over having my number 2 when DS is 20 months. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"