Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Bedtimes?

What time do you put LO down for the night? And how old are they? How long do they stay asleep? And what time are they up for the day?

My DD will go to bed before 9 and will sleep until 5 am, briefly eat then sleep until 730am. She is then up for the day and we are having trouble with naps. She barely takes a morning nap because she fights it. She is now getting sleepy at 630pm but I don't want her up for the day at 430 am. Any suggestions?

Re: Bedtimes?

• Options
    I shoot for 630 700. Usually she goes to sleep well, but wakes at least two times until its dark out. She eats each time, she's generally too busy to nurse much during the day, and then wants to play on her floor for 15minutes. I have no idea how or why this little routine started. I'm putting up better darkening shades tomorrow, I'm thinking its because its light yet. I change her, some times a bath first if she got messy at dinner, give her her medicine, nurse, rock, down. She also has a fan on and one if those pillow pet light unicorns in her changing table.

Edit, hit post too soon.
    She wakes up between 6 and 7 with one wake up to nurse that lasts about 15 minutes.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options

DD is 6.5 months old.  Bedtime routine (bath, lotion, medicine, etc) starts between 6:30 and 7pm... whenever I start seeing tired cues.  She's in the crib by 7:30pm.  95% of the time she sleeps through until we wake her for daycare at 6:15am.  On those random nights she does wake, it's usually between 9pm and 11pm - and she eats for 5-10 minutes and is passed back out.

She usually naps twice for 30-45 minutes at daycare, and once for about an hour when we get home.  I don't let her sleep after about 5:30pm.  

I agree with PP - just because she goes to bed earlier, doesn't necessarily mean she's going to wake up earlier.  I would try bedtime when she gets sleepy around 6:30pm... be consistent for a few days and see if it suits her better. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My LO is 6 months, and still has 3 day naps. Her last nap ends just before supper. Then she is put to bed whenever she shows a tired signal between 8:30 and 9:30 (its not exact because her nap times/lengths vary). She wakes once to nurse somewhere around 5. She will usually sleep til 7:30-8. If she wakes before I bring her in bed to nurse so I can get a bit more sleep. I don't leave my bed til after 8 as a rule :) Her first nap is 2 hours after waking, the other 2 vary, but its usually 3 naps totalling 5h. 

As for suggestions-babies vary a lot. My LO won't sleep longer than 10h total overnight, but many do sleep longer than 12. You can try putting her down when she's tired and see what happens. You might be pleasantly surprised. If naps are your main concern I found a lot of good info in No Cry Nap Solution.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS is 9 1/2 months and goes to bed at 7:30. He has been waking up about 5:00-5:30.  This morning he woke up at 5:30 and actually fell back to sleep another hour.  Whatever time he wakes up in the morning, I usually put him down about 2 hours later for a nap which is about 2 hours long.  Then another about 3 for another 2 hours.  The 2 hour naps only just started happening about a month ago.  There are techniques to make babies sleep later but I've never tried them.  I know doing your bedtime routine before a nap helps too.   
  • Options
    Makenna is almost 8 months old she is in bed by 7 and sleeps till about 530 and then I feed her and put her back to bed.  Sometimes she goes back to sleep for about an hour and other times that is when we get up for the day.  I am not pushing to hard for the later wake time as I have to go back to work and she will have to get up early so no real point.

• Options
    My LO is usually fast asleep by 630, 7 at the latest. He picked his bedtime. He sleeps until around 7am, sometimes waking once to eat around 5am.

He takes 2 naps during the day, and they range anywhere from 30 min to 1.5 hours.

I would try to follow your LO's cues for a few nights and see how it goes.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

DD is 7.5 months.

She goes down around 7pm.  Sometimes she sleeps through to 7am, sometimes up around 10-11 for a quick feeding and up again at 5am.  She takes a 1-2 hour nap 2 hours after she wakes up and another one around 1:30-2pm.

DD1 9.15.10  DD2 11.2.12
  • Options
    DD is 6.5 months and is usually in bed around 7:30/8 pm and sleeps till 6/6:30 am when she's up for the day. She takes 3 naps during the day ranging from 1-2 hrs each. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS is 7 months and he goes to sleep sometime between 7 and 8.  We dreamfeed him before we go to bed around 10 or 11.  He sleeps until 7 or 8 AM after that.  3 naps through the day about 40 minutes each.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DS is 7 months. Bed by 8 most nights, wakes anywhere from 1 am to 5 am for one feeding. Up for the day for sure by 7:30. This doesn't hold true for all nights. Last night he was up 6x.

• Options
    C is 7.5 months. Bed @ 8. Up at 4:30 to eat. Then back to bed till 7.
  • Options
    JJ_13JJ_13 member

For all of you who have one - two wake ups, did you sleep train? We are in sleep hell. LO is 6 months, 1 week old, and is waking 5 - 8 times/night. Our longest stretch right now is 2.5 hours and most of the others are 30 - 60 minutes. It's killing me (and my productivity at work). We did transition her to her crib last week (from the RNP) so maybe that's part of it. Her sleep wasn't great in the RNP either though - better than this, but still not great. She had great night sleep from 7 weeks to 14 weeks (when I returned to work) and it has deteriorated graduallly since then. She's clearly tired, but wants to be held or in bed with us (which we do not want - nothing wrong with cosleeping but I don't sleep well with her there and it's just not for us). Ugh.

Anyway, she goes down between 7 and 7:30 pm. Wakes for the day sometime between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. Tons of night wake ups. I usually feed her (EBF) 3 times in the night, but she wakes up more than that. Naps are a mess - sometimes 90 minutes, more often 25 - 40 minutes, several times/day, sometimes just 15 minutes. I've done tons of self-education on sleep and we have good strong bedtime and naptime routines. She's at an in-home care (that we love).

Ideas or advice are welcome. I am hoping to avoid cry it out routines, but we're almost ready to try anything.

• Options
    LO goes to bed about 7ish, wakes for feeding about 3 and sleeps until 6:30 or 7:30
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"