June 2012 Moms
Options

Cow's milk

Anyone else's LO not liking cows milk? Are you concerned about it?

My DS takes sips of it. Every so often he'll drink maybe half a sippy cup full.

The pedi told me that he needs two 4 oz cups a day. But she said he can get his dairy servings from yogurt and cheese too.

But I'm nervous because my DS doesn't seem to like the milk very much. I always try to offer milk before water.

ETA He does enjoy drinking water so I'm not concerned about dehydration.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Cow's milk

• Options

I think we have a bit of that going on.  I don't know if it's the milk or the lack of bottle he's reacting too.  I keep switching cups and he's still doing the same thing.  We eat a lot of cheese/yogurt though so I'm hoping he just gets used to it eventually and drinks the milk.  We've even tried almond milk and it was the same thing.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm doing the same thing with trying all different kinds of cups. He does a little better with the cups with straws. But even then, he's not drinking the way he used to drink formula.

He also kinda makes a face when he sips the milk so I'm thinking he doesn't like the taste. : [

I guess some kids just don't like milk? I'm just going to keep offering it and hope he gets used to the taste.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're choosing not to do cow's milk. It isn't a necessity. It's just a convenient way to get vitamins, calcium, and fat. I still nurse DS 3 to 5 times a day and he gets full fat yogourt every day, plus things like avocado, broccoli, etc. He just drinks water when I'm not around.

As long as you do some planning around food to make up for what they would get from milk, it's really not a milk deal that they don't drink it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Could it be the temp?  DD does not like her milk fridge cold, she doesn't need it warm but prefers it closer to room temp.  

image   image

• Options
    imagekhill86:
    We're choosing not to do cow's milk. It isn't a necessity. It's just a convenient way to get vitamins, calcium, and fat. I still nurse DS 3 to 5 times a day and he gets full fat yogourt every day, plus things like avocado, broccoli, etc. He just drinks water when I'm not around.

As long as you do some planning around food to make up for what they would get from milk, it's really not a milk deal that they don't drink it.

I'm mostly concerned about the calcium. Luckily he finally started liking yogurt and he has always loved cheese.

My DS takes a vitamin every day and does enjoy eating so I think he's getting enough fat and vitamins.
  • Options
    imageEMOmamma:
    Could it be the temp? nbsp;DD does not like her milk fridge cold, she doesn't need it warm but prefers it closer to room temp. nbsp;

I tried cold from the fridge and warming it up on the stove. I'll give room temp a try. Thanks!
  • Options

imagekhill86:
    We're choosing not to do cow's milk. It isn't a necessity. It's just a convenient way to get vitamins, calcium, and fat. I still nurse DS 3 to 5 times a day and he gets full fat yogourt every day, plus things like avocado, broccoli, etc. He just drinks water when I'm not around. As long as you do some planning around food to make up for what they would get from milk, it's really not a milk deal that they don't drink it.

this is us too...we're not doing cows milk. 

• Options
    We tried, DD spat it... I am not overly concerned bc she eats yogurt and cheese and we BF.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagedrbethc:

imagekhill86:

this is us too...we're not doing cows milk. 

Us also, bm at this stage is still much better than cows milk. we are going to bf till ds weans himself.
  • Options
    MsLsMsLs member
    imageJessieCupcake:
    Anyone else's LO not liking cows milk? Are you concerned about it?

My DS takes sips of it. Every so often he'll drink maybe half a sippy cup full.

The pedi told me that he needs two 4 oz cups a day. But she said he can get his dairy servings from yogurt and cheese too.

But I'm nervous because my DS doesn't seem to like the milk very much. I always try to offer milk before water.

ETA He does enjoy drinking water so I'm not concerned about dehydration.

I know I'm late to this thread but definitely room temp has been the only way DS will drink the milk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"