Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Annoyed and angry

A little background: i am 25, my husband 31. We are from the US but live and work in Canada. This was my first pregnancy.
About 3.5 weeks ago I was just about 7 wks pregnant and started bleeding and cramping. I saw my doctor and they thought I was having a misscarraige. I had an ultra sound done and nothing could be seen in my uterus but a small something they thought was probably a cyst was present in my right Fallopian tube. Hcg levels were dropping.
About 2 weeks after that I woke up at 3am with a really sharp pains in my lower abdomen especially on the right side. I went to emerg. they gave me pain killers until the on call doctor was in at 8am. They also allowed me to go home in the mean time. Before 8am I was having sharp pains again pain killers didn't last very long. When I got up to use the bathroom I was dizzy, hot, and nauseous all of which I explained to the on call doctor. He did an ultra sound and said he could see nothing and said he thought it was a uterine infection and sent me home with pain meds and antibiotics.
I had an appointment with my family doctor that afternoon which my husband pushed me to go to even though I was still in pain. We told her what was going on and she decide to consult with the OB in another larger hospital where we have to go for actual ultrasounds and such. The OB told them to get me there right away by ambulance for an ultrasound. I went back to emerg. and because the next ambulance was going to be another 45 min they sent me by car.
The ultrasound showed nothing in my uterus but lots of blood the tech pointed all this out on the ultrasound. Later my husband tells me you could see blood on the one they took in emergancy that morning. Right away the ultrasound tech told me I would be going into surgery. The OB explained everything about the surgery and she told me she may have to take one of my tubes but would save my ovary if possible.
So all in all I had an ectopic pregnancy resulting in laproscopic surgery to remove my right Fallopian tube she saved my ovary. According to the OB I was lucky I didn't burst any larger arteries or I would have bled out. And had I had a follow up ultrasound I probably wouldn't have needed surgery. The pain I woke up with was probably my tube bursting and I had been bleeding out all day.

Mainly very pissed at the on call dr. that sent me home and my own for not scheduling a follow up Ultrasound. I have been off work for a week and still have this week off too. Work has been very supportive on it all. The upside is that I will be closely monitored with the next baby to make sure I do not have another eptopic pregnancy.

I feel really bad about this but when I see other pregnant women I get so angry or frustrated that they get to have uncomplicated pregnancy....
I was pretty ok with the misscaraige and was pretty numb during surgery and after but now that that has worn off I'm pretty upset...

Re: Annoyed and angry

• Options

Hello jwebb, I am so sorry for your loss. This is a terrible situation, and when our doctors and nurses don't know what is going on then it just makes it all the much worse. 

It is normal to feel this angry at pregnant women, I still do myself. I promise that this pain and anger will lessen over time.  It will get easier. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss and for everything that you had to go through.

I can relate to how you're feeling about seeing other pregnant women. I want to be happy and excited for them but it's so hard when all I can do is dwell on my own loss. I hope it's true that time heals...

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First of all I'm glad they saved yourovary amd your life..... and I'm sorry for your loss.I'm sorry u had to go through all that .....terrible
    ..these r normal feelings its okay to have them it will get easier in time. Prayers are with you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"