Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Dr Apt Today

Today is my second appointment. Last week lasted less than 5 mins. Since I m/c in Feb. the dr just said you know your options and took some blood. Today they are supposed to do and ultrasound since the hospital won't share my ultrasound with the ob. My family keeps telling me that I need to ask questions and I need to get tested. I honestly don't know what to ask or to ask for. I googled last night and there isn't a list of 10 questions to ask after you m/c. Everyone is just frustrated with the lack of answers. Add on the fact that the ER doc kept asking if I was sure I had and ultrasound and if I was sure there was a heart beat. I keep thinking that maybe there is a small hope that the ER doc was looking at the blighted ovum. I know this is stupid, I just have not been told anything other than I miscarried. 

I guess there really isn't a point to this post. I just needed to get everything out there.  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Dr Apt Today

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss....its ok to post anything u want need to vent ask wuestions......yeah u should ask questions. Get teswted see if something chromosomal going on or see what's up since u have had 2 MC....I hope u can get answers and fiind some peace
  • Options

I am sorry for your losses. It may be too soon for you to be able to ask questions, and possibly get more bad news so take your time and ask questions when you're ready.

I will be seeing my doctor in two weeks, and we will discuss the results from the chromosomal analysis. I will then be referred to a geneticist for recurrent loss testing. I hope to find out the following:

1) What caused the M/C? Is it due to a genetic trait that can be inherited?

2) What is our plan moving forward? Do we have the possibility of having a successful pregnancy in the future? Will I need to be on any medications?

I know I may not get all of my questions answered, but any bit of information will help ease my mind.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. I really don't want to try anymore for a while. I told DH maybe next year.  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"