Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Why Montessori schools?

What are some of the reasons you chose a Montessori? What are some advantages over traditional schools? I am getting for enrolling LO in the fall and would love to hear from some parents. Also, if you started in pre-K how long did you keep them at a Montessori?

Re: Why Montessori schools?

• Options

Well I like many things that the pp mentioned. My son has been in for the past year and a bit and we are very pleased. I am a fan of child led learning. I also like that he has a great deal of freedom and there are a lot of things that my ds is expected to do on his own. I like the practical life skills that are emphasized. He is pretty curious and self-motivated and they seem to encourage that at his school.

He will stay at least through 1st grade and then we will see. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have always thought they sounded really interesting and people who go to them seem to love them for the most part, but in my area the hours are too limited esp in summer to work for us. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagegroovygrl:
    I have always thought they sounded really interesting and people who go to them seem to love them for the most part, but in my area the hours are too limited esp in summer to work for us.nbsp;

But most public schools are not open in the summer so you would need to find another daycare option for the summer. I would not rule out a school because if summer.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

imagefredalina:
    imageLittlejen22:
    imagegroovygrl:
    I have always thought they sounded really interesting and people who go to them seem to love them for the most part, but in my area the hours are too limited esp in summer to work for us.nbsp;
    But most public schools are not open in the summer so you would need to find another daycare option for the summer. I would not rule out a school because if summer.
    I assume she means for preschool? I know eventually we'll need after school or summer daycare but for now I need aftercare. I feel like there are more options with camps and things for school age kids than preschool.

yes, I cannot pick my kids up until 6pm and in summer it is over at 3. They are only 4. I think it might not start until 9 in summer either. I am not at a point of dealing with befor and after care for two 4 yr olds. 

• Options

imagefredalina:
    imageLittlejen22:
    imagegroovygrl:
    I assume she means for preschool? I know eventually we'll need after school or summer daycare but for now I need aftercare. I feel like there are more options with camps and things for school age kids than preschool.

yes, I cannot pick my kids up until 6pm and in summer it is over at 3. They are only 4. I think it might not start until 9 in summer either. I am not at a point of dealing with befor and after care for two 4 yr olds. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"