Trying to Get Pregnant

Late Period/UTI/Pregnancy Test

Hi Everyone-

I am normally a 29 day cycle until last month, last month I changed to a 30 day cycle.

I am currently being treated for a UTI and as of today I am four days late. I have taken two tests and both are negative but I still havent gotten my period. I've done some research and everything im seeing is showing that a UTI test will not affect the outcome. Am I testing too early? I know that the tests are advanced and can pick up on the hormone easily, but I am not sure if anyone has ever had this happen to them before?

I am currently moving and although i dont feel stressed maybe my body is? I know stress can delay your period can it make you completely miss it?

I have a Dr. appt. set for July 1 for a blood test just in case just in case.

Thank you all! I'm kinda going crazy racking my brain. I know this is a loaded post- sorry for all the questions

Re: Late Period/UTI/Pregnancy Test

• Your cycles changing are normal. I average 26 days, but 'usually' I'm 25-28 days or so.

Going from 29 days to 30 is only 24 hours, that's not uncommon at all.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• You don't need a blood test. A negative HPT means you aren't pregnant right now. If you aren't temping... you probably ovulated later than you think and you aren't actually late. No matter how regular your cycles are... this happens. Test once a week until you get a BFP  or your period. If you hit 60 days without either, you can touch base with your doctor.

ETA... I type too slowly ;) The ladies above already covered it!

TTC#2 Since July 2011
    Me: 29, had two blocked tubes - left was cleared during lap, right was unable to be cleared. PCOS & Stage 2 Endo. DH: 32, SA = perfect
    CLOMID: 4 rounds, 50mg + TI = BFN's. FEMARA: 1 round = no response
    12-24-2012 : Laparoscopy, Softball sized cyst/endo/scar tissue removed.
    Cycle #14 - Feb 2013 : 50mg clomid. Ovidrel Trigger. IUI on 2/14/13 = thin lining, multiple cysts.
    Cycle #15 - no meds, still have cysts, no follicles. Boo!
    Forced break. Continuous BCP for 6 weeks to give my jacked up ovaries a break.
    Cycle #16 actively trying (May/June): Femara, TI = BFN
    Cycle #17- #20 - Med/Treatment break, trying on our own = BFN's all around.
    Cycle #21 - Femara, MORE Femara, Ovidrel and a Christmas IUI = BFN
    MY BLOG -- About DD, TTC and everything in between!

• Loading the player...
  • PeedyPeedy member

imageBeth&Derek:
    Four days isn't really that late. You probably just ovulated later than usual. No matter how regular your cycles have been, longer or shorter cycles can happen. No need to go get a blood test. Keep testing once a week until you get a positive or your period. If you go 60 days without a period, then give your doctor a call.

This.

• Off BCP my periods are anyones guess so no real advice there, but even a couple times on BCP I didn't get a period when I should have. I think it was due to stress even though I didn't feel overly stressed, at the times I was going through stressful periods. But like pps said, you might have just ovulated later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Negative HPT = Not pregnant, especially so if you're 'late' and they're still coming up negative.  No visit to the doctor is necessary unless you turn a home test positive first.  Wonky cycles happen, you're regular until you just aren't for whatever reason.  I used to have an 11 day LP, and the last few cycles it's been 14-16 days.  My cycles have usually been 23 days, but I've had them up to 28 days long.  I don't rack my brain for possibilities, it just is. 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• imagePeedy:

imageBeth&Derek:
    Four days isn't really that late. You probably just ovulated later than usual. No matter how regular your cycles have been, longer or shorter cycles can happen. No need to go get a blood test. Keep testing once a week until you get a positive or your period. If you go 60 days without a period, then give your doctor a call.

This.

I also agree with this. 

• Your period comes depending on when you ovulate.  So if you ovulated later than usual, your period will also be later.  If you do not know for sure when you ovulated (charting your temps is the only way to confirm) then you don't know if you are in fact late or not.

Test once a week until you get your period, a BFP, or you hit 60 days, THEN call your doctor for provera to jump start your cycle.  No need for a blood test now, if an HPT says negative, you are not pregnant at this time.  Good luck!

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• imageSlapalicious:

If you're not temping to confirm WHEN you ovulated, then there is no reason to go get a blood test because you think you're late.

Test once a week until you either get a BFP, your period, or hit CD60.  Once you hit CD60, THEN you should call your doctor to talk about the next step.

Wonky cycles happen no matter how 'normal' you were before.  You may never have had a wonky cycle until one day, BOOM!  Wonky cycle.

Yes 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"