Georgia Babies
Options

Daycare Update

Ok so I had a chat with the director of our current daycare director. She told me she was unaware of what went on with the pink eye. Whether that is true or not I really do not know. So she asked me to give her a chance to rectify the situation, which I briefly considered, even though my gut was saying move him. 

Then today was B's well baby check up and we were going over our DC experience and talking about the HFM and the pink eye etc...His blood count was low so they were asking about his recent illnesses trying to see why. So I told them where we were going and both the pedi and the nurse and the NP told me that they do not like that place and to go with my gut and pull him out and put him in primrose in the 1 yr old room. If that doesn't tell you something I don't know what does. I feel totally duped by this daycare. I keep asking myself how I didn't see any signs that this was not a good place to be. I guess it's not something you would see until your child is there full time. Any center can make a good first impression.

So a deposit check is being delivered to primrose tomorrow morning and they have a camp slot for Colin too. They will also move us to the location down the street from my house in september when a slot opens provided I like the teachers there. 

So long story short is to go with your gut. Thank you all for all of your advice and feedback.  

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Daycare Update

• Options
    Wow, it must be bad if the doctor's office discourages you from having your kids there! I'm glad to hear that you have found a better DC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Always go with your gut! Don't beat yourself up. We went through the same stuff when Ava was a baby. You can research, read reviews, and tour the center but you know nothing until your child is there all the time. Even with good reviews not all centers are a good fit for every child. I hope Primrose is much better for y'all!
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey MrsL I sent you a PM

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options
    Good glad things are working out. Daycare has been one of our biggest stressors in the past and once we settled on our current center, we've been happier than we ever imagined. It's not that our previous centers were "bad" they just weren't the best fit for us.

• Options
    I was about to FB you to see if you had an update but I checked here first. Glad you've made a decision. Always go with your gut. I did back in January and life has been so much better since. B will do great in the 1 year old room. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Glad things are working themselves out, so sorry you had to go through all this. Sad that the doctor's office confirmed what you all experienced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"