Potty Training

XP- Regression, need advice

My son started potty training just before he turned 2, by his own lead. For about 3 months, I would have said he was completely potty trained, but he has gradually started having more accidents, and just recently, like in the past week, it seems like they aren't "accidents" anymore. He just goes wherever and either doesn't tell me, or tells me, but doesn't care about it. He also has started wetting the bed, when he had gone about 5 months without ever doing it. When I suggest that he try to go potty, (before we leave the house or something), he will have absolutely nothing to do with it, when before he would go. I am due with #2 in a month. Not sure if this has something to do with it... Advice? Part of me wants to give up and try again later, but I feel like its been too long for that. He is 28 months. 

Also, he has just been testing his limits in general more now, too.  

Re: XP- Regression, need advice

• Part of it might be he is sensing something is coming and is lashing out because of that.  My DS did regress a bit for a while too. He went from literally being fully trained for like almost a year to popping in his pants at daycare.

I didn't discipline him for his accidents but did tell him that it was unacceptable to poop in his pants. We re-initiated the sticker for poop program and after a few weeks and a page full of new sitckers he was back on track.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"