June 2012 Moms

Disney World....

When do you plan on taking your LO there!?!!  I am so anxious to get Parker there (and for myself to go back!) 
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1: May 2011
BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
Me: 36 | DH: 39
Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

Re: Disney World....

• I do! But probably not until Tristan's 3 or 4.
  • imagejrgoogrl:
    I do! But probably not until Tristan's 3 or 4.

this

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately with our budget not anytime soon but I'm hoping before the 2 older ones(7 & 9) get too old to have any fun with us parents.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I literally bug my DH about this every single day. We will go when DD is about 4 and a possible baby #2 is 2... we will see what the future brings. But I would go tomorrow given the chance!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We live 2 hours from Orlando and have a trip planned in Aug. when my cousin is visiting from CA to go to Disney World, Epcot, and Universal.
  • imageklasala318:
    When do you plan on taking your LO there!?!!  I am so anxious to get Parker there (and for myself to go back!) 

I feel guilty for admitting this because some may think I'm crazy  but we live by Disneyland and took LO to California Adventure at just a little over one month!  We just walked around to see the new Cars Land. We're annual passholders and we really enjoy going on Sunday mornings for a few hours.  We went to Disneyland in September at 3 months and we took her on Small World.... She enjoyed it :) We went back in November and January and then just a couple of weeks ago LOL. We go alot!  Obviously we don't go on too many rides but there are some that we can go on that she enjoys... again, don't judge me LOL  :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have requirements. All of our children must be out of diapers, don't need a stroller, don't need a nap and be tall enough to ride the rides.

We don't want to drop that kind of money until it will be enjoyable for everyone.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This is so timely, it's hilarious. MIL and SFIL are taking SIL, who is 11 with her friend. They arrived today! So of course everyone was asking if we were going too, when will be take DS, etc.

I've never been, DH went for a day when he was 8. Honestly, it is so not my "thing." I hate to say this, but I kind of hope DS never wants to go. Haha. I'm a terrible mom! If he is interested and asks, we'll take him. But if he never shows interest in going, we probably won't. The ILs are welcome to take him if they wish, but neither my husband or myself are really into the idea that visiting Disney is a "must" for every child.

I'm just going to put on my flame suit and I'll be back hahaha
  • We live 10 mins from Disney and it is so tempting to want to go every week but it is a lot of money for annual passes. We took DD in February (she loved it) and we plan on going back at Christmas when her grandparents are here. It maybe a little more work to go then for me because I will be almost 8 months pregnant but we will make do. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemylittlesunshine:
    I have requirements. All of our children must be out of diapers, don't need a stroller, don't need a nap and be tall enough to ride the rides. We don't want to drop that kind of money until it will be enjoyable for everyone.

THIS!

• DH is in the Army and we are currently stationed just about as close to Disney World as his job is going to take us. We'd like to go before we have to move further away. Right now we are talking about going in January for DD1's 3rd birthday. My dad and SM will come along to help us with the kids and ride swap. DD1 probably won't 'get it' at that age, but I'm sure she'll still have fun.

• We have annual passes and go about 3 times a year. We also have Disney vacation club so we stay in the villas through our points most of the time. It's such a fun thing to watch the boys. The bigs remember what they rode or saw the previous trip so they will tell me what they want to do when we go back or say things like "you remember we rode mermaid" It's great. They get so excited and usually cry when its time to come back home. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We live in Orlando and have annual passes. We go about twice a month as a family and Ella and I go sometimes during the week just as a fun event. We rarely go on rides because the lines are so long. But we stay for about 2-3 hours, walk around and enjoy the atmopshere and have some lunch.

It would not be worth it to take the kiddos there now with them being so young. You would not believe the amount of miserable parents with melting down toddlers we see. There are long days because you want to get your moneys worth, it is hella hot out, and the kids are just exhausted and over it in no time. So my advice is to wait until your youngest is 5 or so. Only then will they truly appreciate it! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You ladies are always thinking/planning way far ahead!

Idk when/if we'll go. As a child, I didn't have any real desire to go. My h has some adopted family over in Europe. Maybe I'll take the kids to the Disney in Paris. My h retires in 3 years, so it's really hard to say when we'll go when we don't even know what region of the country we're going to be living in!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelizzybean:

It would not be worth it to take the kiddos there now with them being so young. You would not believe the amount of miserable parents with melting down toddlers we see. There are long days because you want to get your moneys worth, it is hella hot out, and the kids are just exhausted and over it in no time. So my advice is to wait until your youngest is 5 or so. Only then will they truly appreciate it! 

I agree and disagree with this. My parents took me when I was 3. I had fun (or so I'm told) but don't remember any of it. They never took me again because we had already gone. I don't think that's ideal at all. If you're only going once, then yes, definitely wait until they're older. But if we're just talking about going for the *first* time, I don't see a problem with going as a toddler. DD1 loves all of the MMCH characters and I know WDW will blow her mind when we take her. We have family in FL and CA so we do plan on going to WDW and DL a few more times as they get older.

• I love Disney!! We've already thought about this too. We're thinking when DS is 4.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Both of my boys went for the first time when they were 6 months (this past trip, when my youngest was 6 months, we actually had 3u3, all in diapers, because we were fostering a girl who was my older son's age).

My older son has been 4 times - this past time he went with just my parents.

So we have taken kids at 6 months, 16 months, and 2.5yrs. EVERY time I say, "this is the perfect age to take them to Disney!"

We are going again in Sept, and I'm already planning next year's May trip (we may leave the kids at home for that one, not sure).

ETA: And as far as what kids can ride - pretty much everything!  If you look into it, there aren't a lot of rides with height requirements.  Even Pirates and Maelstrom, which have small "drops" do not have height requirements.  My son turned 3 in May and talks about Disney like it is the park down the street he goes to every day.  He remembers what he rode, who he hugged, it is adorable.  

But I fully support all of you who want to wait until your kids are older - that just means fewer people in the parks for when I go! 

5/10 - Gideon 6/12 Warren
    4/11 Started adoption process for 2 siblings through DCF. 10/12 Found out we are licensed! 12/14 Brought 3 week old identical twin girls home from the hospital.  Could be at least until Summer 1015 til we know if they are forever ours
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"