Maryland Babies

Pediatrician Recs

Can anyone recommend a Pediatrician in Carroll or Howard County?  I got a list from my OB office, but i'm really not sure where to start with figuring out who to use.  What do you like about yours and do you have any suggestions on questions to ask?  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Pediatrician Recs

• We see Dr. Hickey at Liberty Pediatrics in Eldersburg. I like him very much. He has privileges at HCGH where I delivered DS and where I will deliver DD so that was one reason we chose him. We've seen the 2 other Drs and 2 NP's at the practice too and like them all. The only downside is somewhat limited hours (M-F 9-5) though they do have someone on call after hours that you can call.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • imageSarahKate31:
    We see Dr. Hickey at Liberty Pediatrics in Eldersburg. I like him very much. He has privileges at HCGH where I delivered DS and where I will deliver DD so that was one reason we chose him. We've seen the 2 other Drs and 2 NP's at the practice too and like them all. The only downside is somewhat limited hours (M-F 9-5) though they do have someone on call after hours that you can call.

Thanks.  It looks like our due dates are only two days apart. ;-)  I'm having a girl too.

• Loading the player...
  • imagesnookums2013:

imageSarahKate31:
    We see Dr. Hickey at Liberty Pediatrics in Eldersburg. I like him very much. He has privileges at HCGH where I delivered DS and where I will deliver DD so that was one reason we chose him. We've seen the 2 other Drs and 2 NP's at the practice too and like them all. The only downside is somewhat limited hours (M-F 9-5) though they do have someone on call after hours that you can call.

Thanks.  It looks like our due dates are only two days apart. ;-)  I'm having a girl too.

Congrats!! Where will you be delivering?

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageSarahKate31:
    imagesnookums2013:

imageSarahKate31:

Congrats!! Where will you be delivering?

Thanks, you too :-)  I'm delivering at Howard County.  How about you?

• Howard County too. I delivered my son there and had a great experience so I can't wait to go back. Also, I can't wait to see the cookie lady! There's a lady the comes around every day with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and cold milk. Such a nice touch :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Nice!  My husband will love that too! ;-)  I'm glad to hear you had a good experience there.
  • I don't personally see Dr. Hickey, but wanted to add that I hear good things.

We go to carroll children's center.  I love Dr. Scobie and Dr. Chung. 

• We loved Dr. Beams :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also delivered at HCGH (really liked it) and I see Dr Lasser (recommended from a friend).  When my LO was 10 weeks he had a low grade fever and Dr Lasser fit him in right away.  Then the next day, he actually called me personally to make sure he was still ok!  I thought that was way above and beyond - how many docs call you the next day to make sure you were feeling better?!  I really love him and his staff so that is who I would recommend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"