Upstate NY Babies
Options

Syracuse-area OBGYN recs?

Hi ladies!

DH and I are stationed at Fort Drum, and being with the Army we are covered by Tricare insurance.  The closest hospital with OBGYNs is Watertown, but I've heard nothing but horrible experiences from there (My best friend went there 3 times in about 24 hours because of some issues on her due date--they didn't even check her cervix or baby's heartbeat or anything and sent her home with a "don't come back until you're in labor".  She drove to see her actual doctor is Syracuse and found out when she got there (an hour after being discharged from Watertown) that she was already almost 5cm dilated!  Needless to say, I don't want go there!)

My best friend's doctor is no longer in practice, so I'm looking for some recommendations for OBGYNs there.  We're TTC, but hopeful, and I'd like to already have a few names of potential OBs before I get that BFP.  I prefer a female, but if he's a male and he's really good I can work with it.

Thanks in advance!

BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Syracuse-area OBGYN recs?

• Options
    I cannot recomend syracuse midwives enough i love them! They have 3 midwives on staff all women. My husband is Army too so I know they take tricare.
    Sarah BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Associates for womens medicine has 3 women docs and several males.  They tend to keep you with the same doc for the first 20 weeks and then rotate you within the practice so you meet everyone who could deliver you.  I recommend Dr Kavety.  More importantly (IMO) they are one of the few docs who deliver at St Joes hospital.  It's labor and delivery is wonderful and doesn't try to speed you up unlike others.  They also have special natural birth center there which is really amazing.  If you are comfortable with midwives, the ones mentioned above are great and actually work with the docs I mentioned (Linda Lovig delivered my first because my doc had an emergency section at the time).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with Associates for Women's Medicine. I see Dr. Mathew who is amazing and I've seen Dr. kavety as well and would recommend both.
  • Options

imagestrawberrymom2:
    Associates for womens medicine has 3 women docs and several males.  They tend to keep you with the same doc for the first 20 weeks and then rotate you within the practice so you meet everyone who could deliver you.  I recommend Dr Kavety.  More importantly (IMO) they are one of the few docs who deliver at St Joes hospital.  It's labor and delivery is wonderful and doesn't try to speed you up unlike others.  They also have special natural birth center there which is really amazing.  If you are comfortable with midwives, the ones mentioned above are great and actually work with the docs I mentioned (Linda Lovig delivered my first because my doc had an emergency section at the time).

I second this.

Sarah BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am really enjoying my experience with Associates For Women's Medicine as well! I didn't have a great experience by phone, but in office, they are so great! Frome the receptionists to nurses to the doctors. They have very kind spirits. I had an experience with miscarriage before my current pregnancy with them. It was handled very kindly and positively.

Good luck to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"