Military Families

WIC in North Carolina - BAH

Does NC count BAH as income for WIC?

Re: WIC in North Carolina - BAH

• You have to bring in an LES. I'm not sure if they count BAH, but we get WIC. Not sure if the rules are the same for all the bases here or not. I've heard that Lejune is a little more strict than Cherry Point.
  • Here in Texas it is not counted, I'm not certain if that varies by state though.  If there is a WIC office on post they will be your best bet as a lot of the ones surrounding bases don't really know how to read an LES in my experience.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • From what I was told by  friend neither BAH nor BAS counts with WIC. It's only your taxed income.
  • imagehercules03:
    This is completely not fair BUT if you live off base, BAH counts because it is taxed. If you live on base, it is not taxed and doesn't count. 

BAH is not taxed if you live off base.  BAH nor BAS will ever be taxed.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehercules03:
    This is completely not fair BUT if you live off base, BAH counts because it is taxed. If you live on base, it is not taxed and doesn't count.nbsp;
    Not only is this not accurate but it makes zero sense. BAS and BAH are allowances and are never taxed. Here in VA wic is based on taxable income only.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Being a service member myself, a Marine that at that I can tell you NC especially Jacksonville North Carolina (Marine Town) does not count BAH as income. 
  • imagehercules03:
    This is completely not fair BUT if you live off base, BAH counts because it is taxed. If you live on base, it is not taxed and doesn't count. 

Who told you that? Because if it was the housing contractors on base, they should be fired.

Where do people get this stuff? It says right on an LES what is taxed and what isn't.  

I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • I just talked to the WIC office last week. It has nothing to do with whether something is taxable or not. However, BAH, separation pay, hazardous duty (pretty much any special pay outside of base pay) does not count.. We have non-taxable income from the military that IS included
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Bexx24Bexx24 member
    pretty sure they don't count BAH, but now I'm embarrassed I don't remember for sure haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"