Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Breakfast help?

Dd is 10 months and is eating soft table foods. She is allergic to oatmeal and wheat. I have been giving her a banana for breakfast. Everyday. For weeks.

What else can I offer her? I send her breakfast to daycare so it needs to be simple to serve or heat quickly. She is also allergic to berries. She feeds herself.

Any suggestions? Tia!

Re: Breakfast help?

• Options

Quinoa or brown rice cereal (before cooking, toast it, then grind in food processor, then it cooks quickly with boiling water; works with other grains such as barley)
    Sliced/cubed avocado
    Coconut yogurt
    Over ripe (or frozen/defrosted) peaches or mango
    Steamed, cubed apples w/o skin
    Scrambled egg, pre-cooked and chilled
    What about atypical breakfast foods (overcooked rice pasta, cooked pieces of chicken, chunks of steamed carrots/sweet potatoes/broccoli/etc., black beans)?

Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    Applesauce, avocado, yogurt, scrambled eggs (maybe with cheese), and gluten free waffles (can she have them?) come to mind.  I also love making mini egg omelet muffins (eggs, cheese, spinach, other random veggies - mix together and put in mini muffin tin and bake till set).  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It kinda stinks but in a way it is a good thing as cereal is not a good food for LOs.

I would send scrambled eggs, avocado, yogurt and fruit, grain-free pancakes. (in case you are interested here is my recipe for grain-free pancakes. DS loves them and with the proportions it is enough to make ahead and freeze to have ready when my mom watches him some mornings.)

• Options
    Brown rice farina, eggs, avocado, congee with a little chicken and butter mixed in.
  • Options

I use these in my rotation (all are soaked in warm water overnight with 1 teaspoon kefir):

Amaranth, millet, quinoa, brown rice flakes

I cook them in the morning and add any fruit I have from the CSA. Sometimes I even add carrots with the fruit. If you are using quinoa, overcook it so it's very soft. Directions say 15 minutes, I do 40 and it's very mushy. 

Another idea I did over the winter was a baked sweet potato with GF granola on top. DS loves it.

And of course can't go wrong with eggs, although I prefer to give my kids eggs for lunch or dinner because they are so good! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"