Baby Showers
Options

(Untitled)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    I personally don't mind a little guidance, quite honestly.  It's tacky to create a registry for a b-day party so you can't get ideas that way.  Just including a little information as a guide can be helpful.  This is one of those "etiquette breeches" that I can live with.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

imageEstwd2:
    I prefer this to be off of invitations. If I want to know what the kid likes, I can ask when I RSVP.

Yes, this.  I love the idea of giving guidance-and we have Amazon wishlists for every member of the family.  But we only provide links if asked, we never volunteer the information, and I'd feel very awkward about including it on an invitation. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageEastCoastBride:
    I personally don't mind a little guidance, quite honestly.  It's tacky to create a registry for a b-day party so you can't get ideas that way.  Just including a little information as a guide can be helpful.  This is one of those "etiquette breeches" that I can live with.

I agree, that way when you are standing in the toy aisle you have some idea of how to narrow down the choices or if you are in the children's clothes department you at least know the right size so you can save the parent the hassle of exchanging just because their kid grew a bunch since the last time you saw them.  I can see how it is borderline tacky but IMHO this saves quite a few phone calls with the exact same question.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

image Visit The Nest!

• Options

I think the icky part is that the info was printed on the invite.

If I am invited to your child's birthday, presumably either I am friends with you or my child is. 

Either way, I assume I would have your contact information.  If I needed help on a gift, I would reach out myself to you (the parent) and ask for sizes/ what the child was "into" etc.

I can't imagine many people are invited to parties for compete strangers.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options

I'm not a fan of it being on the invite.  If I need sizes, I'll ask.  And the child's likes can be conveyed without writing it on the invitation.  If I get a an invitation with Buzz Lightyear, Elmo, or Dora on it, I'll assume the kid is into Toy Story, Elmo/Seasame Street, or Dora the Explorer. 

Married 8/2012
    DS born 12/2013 @ 41w2d
    BFP #2 EDD 10/2015

• Options

imageEstwd2:
    I prefer this to be off of invitations. If I want to know what the kid likes, I can ask when I RSVP.

This.  I think if someone wants to know that information, they would have no problem asking either Mom, Dad or Grandparents.

Our Baby Girl, Emma, changed our lives forever when she was born 12-19-13 <3
  • Options
    Ew. I've asked before for similar info, but never been told.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"