October 2011 Moms

Weekend plans

What's everyone up to this weekend?  Also, what did you end up buying your DH for Father's Day?

We're getting our family pics done tomorrow morning and then going to my ILs to swim.  On Sunday my parents are having everyone come over for a brunch. 

I got DH a gift card to his favorite store (Bass Pro Shops) and a t-shirt that says "World's Greatest Fisherman" and the Fisherman is crossed out and then it says "Dad".   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekend plans

• Not to be an AW but we closed on our house today! So, this weekend will be filled with moving ad unpacking.

DH got a radar detector for Fathers Day. I swear to God if he gets another speeding tickets I will kill him.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageleahandbuck:
    Not to be an AW but we closed on our house today! So, this weekend will be filled with moving ad unpacking. DH got a radar detector for Fathers Day. I swear to God if he gets another speeding tickets I will kill him.

Awesome!  What a relief to close, huh?  Next Friday for us as long as everything stays on track!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Tonight- FIL's retirement party

Sat- I work 4-noon then it is bathroom remodel time, going to start the tile.

Sun-I work 4-noon then we have Father's day BBQ with inlaws.  We are having my dad over on Tuesday.

We got a grill for mother's day and father's day combined and I also bought a couple of those 5 dollar target father's day t-shirts.

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • I think we're going for a hike in one of the nearby state parks tomorrow morning. We may go to the zoo on Sunday if it doesn't rain.

I had a travel mug made with the kids' pictures from shutterfly and got him a new shirt he's been wanting and his favorite chocolates. I'm also making him a nice dinner on Sunday.

• Tomorrow morning I have a baby shower to attend, so,I think DH and DD will go swimming at my parents while I am there. Then I thought about taking DH to a matinee later in the afternoon for a little date. Sunday morning is church, then we are going to my parents' for lunch with all of my family. We invited our IL's down, but FIL is refusing to come. 

I printed off a poem about dads and did DD's footprints over the top of it and framed it. Then I had taken a really cute picture of them a few days ago, and printed and framed it. I also got him decals for the side mirrors of his Trans Am that he wanted. I made him a super cute card on Shutterfly and also baking his favorite chocolate chip cookies. The way to his heart is through his stomach. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Deez10Deez10 member
    imageamyc216:

Awesome!  What a relief to close, huh?  Next Friday for us as long as everything stays on track!

Amy - keep us posted on your house!  I've been thinking of you guys and keeping my fingers crossed everything goes as planned and remains on schedule.

This weekend will be pretty laid back.  DH actually leaves for a work trip (his job involves heavy foreign travel) on Sunday so we'll celebrate Father's Day tomorrow.  First up is swim lessons for DS and then just hanging out.  DH asked for cologne so that's what he'll get.   Cliche gift but eh - it's what he wants.  Works for us.  Still have to get something for my dad though...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagemorsey2011:

Tomorrow morning I have a baby shower to attend, so,I think DH and DD will go swimming at my parents while I am there. Then I thought about taking DH to a matinee later in the afternoon for a little date. Sunday morning is church, then we are going to my parents' for lunch with all of my family. We invited our IL's down, but FIL is refusing to come. 

I printed off a poem about dads and did DD's footprints over the top of it and framed it. Then I had taken a really cute picture of them a few days ago, and printed and framed it. I also got him decals for the side mirrors of his Trans Am that he wanted. I made him a super cute card on Shutterfly and also baking his favorite chocolate chip cookies. The way to his heart is through his stomach. 

Geez, wife of the year! 

I have nothing for DH. Well, that's not true. I have a card from both E and I, and a daddy book for him from her. I had planned on us going to breakfast for Father's Day but he made plans for us to go to lunch with a family friend that is in town. Hey, it's his holiday. If that's how he wants to spend it, fine by me.  He doesn't want anything, but I was planning on framing a pic of him and E. I just haven't gotten to it.  Yep, queen of procrastination right here.

Other than that, our weekend will be filled with packing and touching up a few things around the house before we list it.  Fun times.

• imageStewartandmaura:
    imagemorsey2011:

Tomorrow morning I have a baby shower to attend, so,I think DH and DD will go swimming at my parents while I am there. Then I thought about taking DH to a matinee later in the afternoon for a little date. Sunday morning is church, then we are going to my parents' for lunch with all of my family. We invited our IL's down, but FIL is refusing to come. 

Geez, wife of the year! 

I have nothing for DH. Well, that's not true. I have a card from both E and I, and a daddy book for him from her. I had planned on us going to breakfast for Father's Day but he made plans for us to go to lunch with a family friend that is in town. Hey, it's his holiday. If that's how he wants to spend it, fine by me.  He doesn't want anything, but I was planning on framing a pic of him and E. I just haven't gotten to it.  Yep, queen of procrastination right here.

Other than that, our weekend will be filled with packing and touching up a few things around the house before we list it.  Fun times.

No, not even close S&M! Most of the stuff I did is because it's stuff I would have wanted for Mother's Day, and I'm baking the cookies just so I can eat them. :)  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sadly DH is working the entire weekend, so I'm going solo with the kids.  DS has swim class tomorrow, and we're meeting up with extended family for dinner.  I booked a babysitter on Sunday for a few hours, so I can go workout and get a much needed break.  I'm going to make DH breakfast in bed on Sun before he heads out to work and give him his presents.  DS made DH a gift at preschool, and I bought DH a year subscription to TIME magazine and some clothes.  Nothing too exciting this year.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDeez10:
    imageamyc216:

Amy - keep us posted on your house!  I've been thinking of you guys and keeping my fingers crossed everything goes as planned and remains on schedule.

This weekend will be pretty laid back.  DH actually leaves for a work trip (his job involves heavy foreign travel) on Sunday so we'll celebrate Father's Day tomorrow.  First up is swim lessons for DS and then just hanging out.  DH asked for cologne so that's what he'll get.   Cliche gift but eh - it's what he wants.  Works for us.  Still have to get something for my dad though...

Aw- thanks!  I went in the house yesterday morning and was pleasantly surprised with the progress.  Going back as soon as work is over today!  We have a walk-thru and closing scheduled next week so it's looking good!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Today I met some girlfriends for lunch without any kids! This afternoon we are lying low and then heading to my parents' house for Father's Day dinner with my family. 

Tomorrow my sisters and best friend are hosting a Meet C brunch for the baby! I have no idea who is coming but I'm excited about it. In the afternoon we are having some of my husband's BFFs and their wives over for a BBQ.

Sunday I'm taking the kids and husband to a fundraiser for service dogs at a local winery with various pork products to eat. He has no idea! I'm pretty excited.

Sunday afternoon I'll go grocery shopping. Woohoo. 

• imageamyc216:
    imageDeez10:
    imageamyc216:

Aw- thanks!  I went in the house yesterday morning and was pleasantly surprised with the progress.  Going back as soon as work is over today!  We have a walk-thru and closing scheduled next week so it's looking good!

I was nervous something was going to go wrong up until they gave us the keys. If you have a walk through to check for issues I recommend pointing out every single issue you even think might be an issue. Good luck!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have no idea. Our original plans were to leave today after work and make the drive from the Portland, OR area to Redding, CA for In n Out burger. Which is what SO wanted to do. But then, after getting all excited for weeks, SO informed me that there was a MLS game Saturday night. So now our CA plans are shot.

So....no plans I guess
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  •    We don't have any plans this weekend. I did decide to get something other than a Kit Kat for DH, I got him a Reese's cup..and I think I will eat one. ;)

Background: DH got me a Tootsie Roll from the hardware store for Mother's day.  He also let me wake up extra early with DD while he slept in. I swear I'm not bitter.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kagl08kagl08 member

Tomorrow my baby brother graduates from high school, and I have a photo shoot booked for another graduate. Then I'm headed to work until about 4 or 5. Then family time, hopefully. 

Sunday, I'll make DH breakfast, then we are doing a BBQ for him later on. Whatever he wants to do, we will do so no definite plans right now.

I printed out a poem and framed a picture of him and the kids, and a card. We didn't do much for Mother's Day or Father's Day this year.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"