Birthday Parties

Another "party time?" question

So I called to reserve the little guy's second birthday party this week (4 months in advance) and the two weekends we were considering are unavailable.  They have an available time slot from 1-3pm, two weeks later.  The issue is, that's smack dab during his naptime (which usually starts sometime between 12 and 1 and lasts for 2 hours).  I have a feeling this will also be similar for his friends. Do we:

a) suck it up, book the place and try and get him to nap from 10-12 knowing it might not work and he'll be a cranky mess at the party and similarly napped babies might skip out?

b) try and find another date at the same location which is going to be almost a month from his actual birthday?

c) find a different location that will not be as cool?

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Another "party time?" question

• My children's naptimes are from 1-3 too. Every party that I have ever thrown has been right in the middle of their naptimes. It has never affected them or the other kids at the parties. All my friends also throw their kid's parties at lunchtime. I don't see the big deal. I would book from 1-3. I definitely wouldn't go with a less cool place.
  • I wouldn't want to deal with a cranky mess on the day of the party. I'd find another date or location before scheduling a party during prime naptime. If he was older, I'd say go for the super cool location. But like PP said, he's 2 and he won't know or care where you have it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd find a different place. 
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • imageMandJS:
    He's 2. He won't care where you are. Find a different location. 

Yes 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• He's 2! Find a different place (and book this cool place now for his 3rd)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • I hate to have parties during DD's nap. She can be very fussy if her nap is disturbed, so I don't think it's worth it. I would find a new place. With that said, every child is different so you have to make the best call for your child.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMandJS:
    He's 2. He won't care where you are. Find a different location. 
    This.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"