Inland Empire Babies

Moving to the Temecula area

We are considering moving to the Temecula/Lake Elsinore area.  Possibly Canyon Lake (my parents live there so I know a little about the neighborhood) or Murrieta.  If you live in either of these places can you give me your opinion on the schools and neighborhoods?  I have a 19 month old son and plan to get pregnant again soon, so I am also looking for activities for young children also.

Thanks! 

Re: Moving to the Temecula area

• We just moved to Canyon Lake a few months ago from Orange County.  FWIW, I REALLY miss Orange County :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The Murrieta Public Library has story time for 0-3 year olds on Wednesday at 10:10am. My 17 month old likes it. 

I have heard good things from my neighbors about Alta Murrieta Elementary, but have not researched it myself. 

Good luck with the move! 

BFP #1: 10/15/10; M/C on 12/17/10 
    BFP #2: 2/14/11; DD born 10/28/11 
    BFP #3: 12/11/12; M/C on 1/21/13
    BFP #4: 4/1/13; EDD 12/5/13

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband and I just bought a house in Temecula last November. We moved from San Diego area. So far we absolutely love it. We actually moved to Temecula for the schools! They are some of the best in the state. I don't know about Murrieta/Lake Elsinore. I love Temcula because it is so new, clean and so many young families with tons to do!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLuckyLinds:
    My husband and I just bought a house in Temecula last November. We moved from San Diego area. So far we absolutely love it. We actually moved to Temecula for the schools! They are some of the best in the state. I don't know about Murrieta/Lake Elsinore. I love Temcula because it is so new, clean and so many young families with tons to do!

Murrieta's schools are also highly rated. We also moved here in part due to the quality of schools.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• You probably have already moved but I live in Murrieta and love it. There is the rec center which has a ton of things for babies and kids to do. I just had a baby last yr and will be registering him for swimming classes
    excitement
  • Murrieta school system is one of the best! I work in a field that allows me to know "inside" details about good areas vs bad and I feel lucky for that. Temecula and Murrieta are better areas as far as schooling then Canyon Lake but all of them will be ok. I suggest Alta Murrieta, great school!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"