May 2012 Moms

DD is not herself :(

DD is on her 3rd day of being completely unhappy. She is acting in a way that she hasn't acted before. She is very whiney and squirmy and just can't get happy or comfortable. She doesn't want to be put down or picked up, she just doesn't know what she wants. I know she has teeth coming in, but she is acting very different than she normally does during teething. I'm at a complete loss on how to fix this and get her back into a happy state. As a side note, she is worse when she's with DH. He watches her on his days off and she is being a nightmare for him. She is better when I'm home but still isn't her normal self.

She has no fever and no other signs of illness.

Any thoughts?

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

Re: DD is not herself :(

• Which teeth are coming in? DD has the 2 in front of her molars coming in at the same time right now and she's been pretty difficult too. She's extremely fussy and not sleeping well even after I tried tylenol before bed. Maybe they're just painful teeth popping through. Another thought- maybe call your pedi and just talk to a nurse about it over the phone to see what their thoughts are...?
  • I'd try Advil and see if that helps, if she's in a lot of pain it may. If not if it keeps up I'd call the dr.

Other thought has something changed, stopped bfing or bottles recently? Nathan was a wreck for days when we took his binki away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebellelamb:
    I'd try Advil and see if that helps, if she's in a lot of pain it may. If not if it keeps up I'd call the dr. Other thought has something changed, stopped bfing or bottles recently? Nathan was a wreck for days when we took his binki away.

We've been giving her Little Remedies for pain but maybe it's worth trying some Advil.

Nothing major has changed. Still BF'ing, same routine.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• imagemrsshawnavanb:
    Which teeth are coming in? DD has the 2 in front of her molars coming in at the same time right now and she's been pretty difficult too. She's extremely fussy and not sleeping well even after I tried tylenol before bed. Maybe they're just painful teeth popping through. Another thought- maybe call your pedi and just talk to a nurse about it over the phone to see what their thoughts are...?

Her molars and the ones in front of her molars are coming in. She isn't sleeping well either.

I'll definitely be calling her pedi if she keeps it up. My husband is about to pull all his hair out and I feel awful that they are both miserable.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• ELF4321ELF4321 member
    Molars are much much worse than other teeth, IMO. DD was super clingy, whiney, hard to get to sleep, waking in the MOTN, etc while she was cutting molars. Thank goodness the first four are in now. If your LO ddoesn't show any other sign of illness, I would definitely suspect the molars. Based on bellelamb's recommendation, I started rubbing a little ibuprofen directly on the gums in the area the tooth is cutting. It works much better for DD.

• imagezoeygirl1105:
    DD just went through 2 weeks of this. She was cranky and miserable to be around. Her sleep went to crap. We both felt like we were going crazy. During that time she was cutting two teeth and learning to walk. I don't know which one did it or if it was the combination of the two. Within the past week she snapped out of it and is back to her happy self. It was a really rough 2 weeks though. Hopefully it's just a phase for your LO. I recommend trying the Advil too. 

DD is really starting to walk lately. She went two weeks with taking 1-2 steps then all the sudden she was taking 8-10 steps at a time.

I'm happy to hear your LO is back to her happy self. I look forward to the day when mine is the same!

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• I would totally blame it on the molars! We had the same thing with one of our girls about a week ago. She had two from bottom teeth coming in and all four molars.
  • krb03krb03 member
    I was going to post something similar today. However, (knocking on wood) she has continued to sleep well at night. Hope these teeth come through quick!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"