sick DH = annoying! — The Bump
November 2011 Moms

sick DH = annoying!

DH is sick with a headcold this weekend - stuffy nose, runny nose, sinus pressure, the works.  And he's sooooo annoying.  Whiny and fussy and crabby.  He had to announce on Friday night that he's not going to be much help with DD and that he'll need lots of rest to get better.  His favorite line is that he doesn't want her catching what he has, even though he was slobbering all over her Thursday night.  I just rolled my eyes and reminded him the last time I had a cold, he was waking me up from my naps so I could give him a break from her.  

Please tell me I'm not the only one with a DH who's a complete wimp.  And if your DH gets sick, does he still help out with the kids?  I'm fortunate that DD is a fairly easy going kiddo, but he definitely doesn't let me off the hook like this when I'm sick. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: sick DH = annoying!

• Funny you post this. He has a stomach bug. A bug and he needs all the rest he can get. When I'm sick I never hear "mommy is sick let's let her get some rest".
    Bunch of babies
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry. When I hear about other's relationships not being equal, it really irks me. DH and I try to be sensitive to the other's needs when either of us is sick. Usually the non-sick adult is expected to do everything including keeping the kids quiet enough while in the house. GL!

• Loading the player...
  • Oh It gets better. Today is my bday and he says ge has a stomach bug no just the runs anyways been w LO all day and then says he doesn't feel good and maybe we can go to dinner some other time. Nice.
    And then! He gets mad because I'm not greatful for my gift. He hasn't even been out of the room. I could keep going but will stop because I will not be upset on my bday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards