Success after IF

Starving/Hungry during early pregnancy

I know between weeks 6-8 is a huge growth spurt.  At 6w4d we found out we were having twins (2 heartbeats).  From 6w5d-Friday (I'm 8w3d today), I've been starving and need to eat all the time...including a snack a couple of times at night.

Since Friday, my appetite has returned to normal.  Did  anyone have similar periods of extreme hunger that came and went?

My next u/s is Tuesday, and since the hunger was my biggest symptom I'm worried, and hoping that everything is okay.

My chest is still a little sore-on PIO and I'm pretty tired all the time, so I'm hoping for the best.

I am always fine b/w appointment and u/s and then the weekend before I start to get worried. 

Re: Starving/Hungry during early pregnancy

• I remember being so very hungry right at around the time I got my BFP. Then all the sudden the m/s hit. And it hit hard. You will go throught times when you feel nothing and you feel a whole lot of different things.
  • Sometimes I still have days where I'm not that hungry, and then days where I'm ravenous and can't stop eating. It's totally normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • I ate like 12 meals a day through my first tri!   But then some days my symptoms would all be gone. it's normal for them to come and go, though sucky!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • I can't really answer your question because I haven't actually had extreme hunger (now that doesn't mean that I haven't been eating more....I just haven't been hungrier...) But my guess is that as with every symptom, they come and go.

I am exactly like you though with the U/S.  I have my NT scan on tuesday (and haven't had an u/s since 12/1) and have woken up in the middle of the night both nights this weekend so scared they are going to find a missed m/c.  By Tuesday morning I am pretty sure I will be ready to puke.

hang in there, the odds are that everything is fine...but I can totally relate to your worry.  I'm hoping we both get another break from worry on Tuesday ; )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, I remember being very hungry around there.  And it for sure comes and goes!  I feel like my hunger is really kicking back up again now.
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I dont' remember exactly.  I know I would go between eating a lot then not wanting anything in the first tri.  I remember my boss making a comment about me eating an entire bag of pizza rolls! 
    twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• Yes! I had extreme hunger in the weeks that you mentioned. It has gotten a little better now. Now it's more of a if I wait too long to eat, I'll feel sick, but it isn't as much of a constant hunger. I think it makes sense if you get more hunger during the growth spurts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"