June 2013 Moms
Options

GD Mama's who have already delivered

Curious, what did you indulge in after you had LO?

Are you sticking with the GD diet now that you have had LO?

Re: GD Mama's who have already delivered

• Options
    I am definitely going to try to follow the diet as closely as I can. I feel great, despite still being prego....induction tomorrow though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Next day after giving birth. I had breakfast. Fruit loops. Bagel with cream and a blueberry muffin. With a PEPSI. Ahhh. My doc gave me the ok to eat whatever I wanted. And they continue to monitor sugar level that whole day. And the next day she stopped monitoring but said I would have to come back to take the test. To make sure the GD. Went away. Since I still can check my sugar on my I did after I ate a Philly cheesesteak French fries and a salad. And my sugar level was only 125.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    YakutYakut member

I haven't delivered yet, and don't have GD, but I'm on the GD diet for mildly impaired glucose tolerance as a precaution, and as soon as I give birth, I know that I'm going to have pomegranate juice, a mountain of different kinds of fruit (I've had fruit cravings all along and it sux with this diet), a lot of beans (I know they're not a total anomaly to the GD diet, but I prefer to eat them instead of meat these days, and they do have carbs), a vanilla cupcake, a chocolate cupcake, and a huge amount of salted caramel gelato. And maybe a bowl of cereal that I DON'T measure out. Also, maybe pasta. I'm not a big pasta fan, but the fact that I "can't" eat very much now makes me want some.  Maybe pasta with beans!

That said, I can't help but notice how much better the GD diet makes me feel, and I haven't gained very much weight at all, and I get tons of compliments all the time. My dietician said that she thinks that the GD diet is simply "how people should eat" in general, GD, regular diabetes, or no, and based on my one-person experiment, it seems to be somewhat true for me. So I may continue, or try, at least to some degree. :/ At the very least, I'll try to have healthy snacks that each contain a bit of protein.

• Options
    I am going to eat pasta! I have a long list but that is at the top after i have sushi! I will probably not be strict with the diet but, try to keep some of it up just to stay healthier then i was. The eating all the time is expensive and hard though. Maybe when i am home with baby it won't be as hard as it is on the go all the time.

TTC #1 since Oct. 2010 6 unsuccessful Clomid cycles HSG- clear
    January IUI #1 femara 2.5 mg+ovidrel=BFN
    February IUI#2 Femara 2.5mg+Ovidrel=BFN
    March Femara 2.5mg+Ovidrel+ TI=BFN taking a break from RE
    BFP 10/13/2012 beta #1=280 beta #2=714
    BabyName Ticker image
  • Options
    I have taken a break from the GD diet but I had DH get me blueberry muffins and orange juice the morning I delivered. I wanted that so bad the last few months so that's what I had! It was glorious. My MIL also brought us Caramel Rolls from Wheat Montana (they're delicious and huge) and I had 1/2 of one of those too. I will try to be more aware of what I'm eating now but definitely not as strict.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had French toast for breakfast, and Pasta for dinner. My doctor thinks that I likely do not have diabetes and it was just GD due to I have had several tests before that all came back negative. As for the diet I will likely do a modified version. I will had a couple more carbs to it, and not restrict myself on having a treat when I want one. Most likely I will go back to the Weight Watchers diet as I have had really good success with it in the past.
  • Options

I haven't delivered yet but, I do have a list of food i intend to eat once im given the all clear lol some of the items include:

potatoes - in various forms  

cake

Dr. Pepper

Pasta

• Options
    imageLittleDuckie2013:
    I haven't delivered yet but, I do have a list of food i intend to eat once im given the all clear lol some of the items include:potatoes in various forms nbsp;cakeDr. PepperPasta nbsp;

I have a list too!
    As soon as baby is out I want pancakes covered in syrup!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    StucasStucas member

My girl is still inside but I was given the okay to have whatever after I give birth. My H has instructions to go get me an oreo layered sundae from BR when they move me to the recovery room. That and a donut is what I have been dreaming of for weeks!

I'll be doing a modified GD diet afterwards, my biggest thing is eating on a schedule. I just want to eat when I'm hungry, not when my alarm goes off.

• Options
    When I have lo I want candy, cake and a ham and cheese sandwich on a loaf of French bread lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"