Baby Names

Summer?

What do you think of the name Summer? I came across it last night and dh likes it as well.

Re: Summer?

• love it! as long as you don't have a summer baby... I'm not a fan of a baby girl named April born in April or a Summer baby named Summer etc.

Aside form that Summer is a beautiful name!

BabyFruit Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family image
  • It's NMS, but there's nothing wrong with it.

• Loading the player...
  • I like it.  My cousin's name is Summer and it fits her perfectly.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Its NMS, but I like it more then some of the names I hear today!

• I'm not a huge fan of season or month names, or of cities/places used as names.

However, of all the month/season names, Summer is probably the best. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • It's a GP name for me and I do love it.  However, I don't know if I could actually use it.
  • love it! would use it but it doesn't work with our last name. 

• km3km3 member
    I love Summer! But it doesn't work with our last name, and we have a dog named Summer. I wish I could have a baby Summer though.
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like it! It's on my list actually.

But I'm the odd one out. I think it's only fitting for a summer baby.

I do however think it needs a very classic/traditional/on the more common/boring side middle name.

Elizabeth was our middle name pick for it.

• Summer is pretty.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageStarBe:

love it! as long as you don't have a summer baby... I'm not a fan of a baby girl named April born in April or a Summer baby named Summer etc.

Aside form that Summer is a beautiful name!

I'm the opposite, I'd side eye a baby named Summer that was born in winter. That's just me though. Personally I don't like it. It has a stripper name feel to it...

Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• It reminds me of a ditzy blonde girl. I don't think it ages well at all. What helps me is saying things like Aunt Summer and Grandma Summer and if it doesn't sound right then it's probably very childish.
  • imagedairygirl19:

I like it! It's on my list actually.

I do however think it needs a very classic/traditional/on the more common/boring side middle name.

I think it's only fitting on a Summer baby too. I've always loved the name Summer, but having a baby due in January, I would kind of feel silly naming her Summer.

• imageramy3695:
    Eh, NMS, but I wouldn't side eye it.

This. Have to agree that Summer tends to be the bratty character's name in movies, shows, etc.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's pretty. I think you need to have a spring or summer baby though. My neighbours have an Autumn.... Born in March. Doesn't really go IMO.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• imagedairygirl19:

I like it! It's on my list actually. 

Yup. This exactly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love it.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not a huge fan of Seasons/Months as names. Hard for kids going through school. The one thing I will say as a huge advantage, there probably wont be multiple kids in her grade with that name!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"