March 2012 Moms
Options

Father's Day

Just wondering if anyone has any special plans for your LO's daddy and or grandpa.  I'm trying to think up something cute for this year and have a bit more energy than I did last year - please share your ideas!  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Father's Day

• Options
    WipzWipz member
    Nope sorry, not even got that far yet... try the craft board on here, those ladies are usually on the ball with stuff like that and have some great ideas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ZimgerZimger member
    I am putting together an 8x10 collage of LO and his dad. I also have a really cute picture of them that I'm going to print off (5x7). I'm going to have LO make a fingerpainting and use it as a border for the pic. All I have to do then is frame it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nah82nah82 member

I put together a 4x6 photo book from my boys to grandpa.  I titled it "Our Adventures with Papa" and it is pictures of him with them doing different things and little quotes about grandpas throughout.  He was complaining that he did not have enough pictures of them (even though they get an 8x10 twice a year) so he will love it!

I ordered a Life is Good shirt for Daddy.  He has been wanting a new one and they just came out with one with a red tractor on it.  We live on a farm and use Farmall tractors, so that was easy.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Im not really sure how im going to address it.....I have YET to get a present from Mother's day. DH totally dropped the ball then we got in a HUGE fight (not related to that)

I had pinned a bunch of cute gift ideas from Pinterest. So i might do something like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options

I made DH a picture frame from my Pinterest board.  All in, this was about $20.  I bought the D and A from Michael's and since I just left them white, I returned them after I took the pictures.  The frame I used holds wallet sizes so this isn't so huge and obnoxious that it would be annoying on his desk.

photo photo_zpsd8fc8104.jpg
  • Options
    imagelisadfox:

I made DH a picture frame from my Pinterest board.  All in, this was about $20.  I bought the D and A from Michael's and since I just left them white, I returned them after I took the pictures.  The frame I used holds wallet sizes so this isn't so huge and obnoxious that it would be annoying on his desk.

photo photo_zpsd8fc8104.jpg

Somebody on here posted this last year and I absolutely loved it, so I did it last year and DH got a kick out of it.  I'm going to update the pictures (the mom who posted it last year updates them every year).  I bought a D and A from BRU and a frame from Target that holds 3 4x6 prints.  It's hanging on the wall over DH's desk at home.  I will take pics of DS holding the letters sometime in the next few days and get them printed.  I'm also getting DH a few random other little things that he wanted. 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    imageKrsCrp83:

Somebody on here posted this last year and I absolutely loved it, so I did it last year and DH got a kick out of it.  I'm going to update the pictures (the mom who posted it last year updates them every year).  I bought a D and A from BRU and a frame from Target that holds 3 4x6 prints.  It's hanging on the wall over DH's desk at home.  I will take pics of DS holding the letters sometime in the next few days and get them printed.  I'm also getting DH a few random other little things that he wanted. 

Crap! I should have kept my letters! 

• Options
    imagelisadfox:
    imageKrsCrp83:

Crap! I should have kept my letters! 

I don't know how much they were when you got them but they were buy one, get one 50% off at BRU so I got the two for like $10.  I just bought them last week, so you might be able to get some for that price still if you want to do this every year.  I decided to do this super last minute last year (like the day before Father's Day) so I didn't have time to buy letters then, I just cut them out from paper.   

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options

Thanks ladies!  Wipz, I didn't even know there was a craft board on here - I'll have to check that out!

I"m loving that DAD photo idea, I feel like I may have seen it last year but was in no way prepared for any project - that seems very manageable and super cute.

I may look into a photo book for DD's grandpa.  She is definitely his favorite and I think he would love that. 

Thanks again! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I ordered DH a canvas print on personalizationmall. We recently went on vacation so we got some good pics and I just uploaded one of those, they kinda gray it out and you and have a poem printed over it. Like this:

Personalized Photo Tabletop Canvas Art For Him - 3743

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"