Pregnant after 35

How much weight

Have you gained or lost? Funny that I've tried to lose weight for six months to gain it back. Now I'm pregnant, I have lost like 10 lbs. I don't like it at all because it's not healthy but I don't want much to eat. I'm almost 15 weeks now.

Re: How much weight

• According to my scale, I have gained 4 lbs and I am 16 weeks with twins. My OB says I gained nothing but they started seeing me after my IVF and at 10 weeks. I hear you on not being hungry. I have found that my stomach cannot handle large meals anymore and I need to graze throughout the day. My OB also wants me to eat more caloricly heavy food. For example, cheese or yogurt versus watermelon. Get more calories per mouthful.

At the same time, she did say that first trimester weight gain varies greatly among pregnant women and that the majority of weight gain occurs in the second trimester. She is not terribly worried about my weight gain.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can see it all in my face. I think that could also be why I'm always so tired. I need more calories...healthy calories. This is my fourth child but it has been one eventful pregnancy so far. I didn't have these issues with the first three. When I do eat, I've noticed that I love bread. I guess this will soon all be over and I can eat more foods I like. And congrats on your twins.
    image104LilBuddy:
    According to my scale, I have gained 4 lbs and I am 16 weeks with twins. My OB says I gained nothing but they started seeing me after my IVF and at 10 weeks. I hear you on not being hungry. I have found that my stomach cannot handle large meals anymore and I need to graze throughout the day. My OB also wants me to eat more caloricly heavy food. For example, cheese or yogurt versus watermelon. Get more calories per mouthful.

At the same time, she did say that first trimester weight gain varies greatly among pregnant women and that the majority of weight gain occurs in the second trimester. She is not terribly worried about my weight gain.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm down about 4 since my BFP, but that has fluctuated throughout to being up 2 or 3, but mainly I have been down the whole time.  I have always struggled with my weight, so I am pretty happy about this at 16 weeks, I know that I will gain as I get further along, but hopefully not excessively, I'm hoping to keep it to 20-25 at the most.  I am definitely eating, but I have had more throwing up in the 2nd trimester than I did in the first, so that may be why.
    TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

• GuennieGuennie member
    I lost 7 lbs in first tri. No appetite whatsoever and severe morning sickness. I am now at 14 wks and seem to be bouncing around between feeling better and feeling worse again. I go back at 16 wks so we'll see if I've started gaining anything back. I am starting to get more of an appetite on most days so hopefully I'll be moving in the right direction now. Irishgirl, I'm sorry you're throwing up more. That stinks.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • I've gained 30 lbs at 34 weeks. I gained 5 lbs in first trimester, flatlined for about 4 weeks in second tri, and since then gained fast and furious! I'm hoping to stay in the 25 to 35 lb gain but don't care if I go a smidge over at this point.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • AbeilleAbeille member

imagejrtmom:
    I am a little over 30 weeks and have gained 19 lbs.  I was a little underweight to begin with so my doctor wanted me to gain more.  I didn't start gaining until my 14 week appointment though, and it has been pretty slow/steady.

I've also gained 19 pounds. I started off at an average weight for my height. It's been slower the past few weeks...between the heat  and my squished stomach I don't have much of an appetite lately. I'm 31 weeks.

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • I think I gained a pound or two. I am on Progesterone, so that makes you bloated big time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didn't want breakfast this morning so I ate chimichangas with sour cream and guacamole. Then I felt like throwing it up. So I had to push it down with orange juice. This is just one of the many reasons I don't feel like eating. I have a craving and it doesn't taste right. Hopefully soon I can enjoy more foods and gain instead of lose.
  • I am 36 weeks and have gestational diabetes so the diet has really kept my weight down.  I have gained 16 lbs since pregnancy.  Doctor is happy about my weight though (I'm overweight anyways so shouldnt gain too much) and the baby is growing nicely so it hasn't been anything to worry about and hopefully will make it easier for me to lose weight after she is born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I lost a pound and have gained about 4.  I'm a little over 16 weeks.  Gained a lot more with my first but I was really underweight when I got pregnant. Figure I'll probably pack it on at the end!
  • I'm 36 weeks pregnant and I've gained 25 lbs.  It's been slow and steady the whole pregnancy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"