Postpartum Depression

Scared....(Update)

I just got accepted into a program that will pay for my apartment for 2 years.... Unfortunately my SO plans on staying at his job site (3 hours away) until September when Fall term starts up again. The original plan was for us to find a place down there and have me and baby move don there so he can be around on a daily basis but he wanted his friend (who is also his co-worker) to move in with us. I wasn't too happy about it not only because i wanted us to be a family alone but also because I can already tell Im going to need his help alot due to my PPD. I'm going to need his support emotionally and mentally.

But anywho now that I'm staying up here and he wont be here living with us for another 3 months, even though he plans on coming up every weekend; im really scared about doing it by myself. Right now I just shut myself in my room all day....over thinking things, being sad and only leaving to use the bathroom or make food to take to my room.....

I'm nervous about being alone and on my own for these 3 months with the baby and my PPD....Any advice?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Scared....(Update)

• Are you seeing a counselor for your PPD? Also, do you have family and friends close by? If you did, you could get them to help with child care and household tasks. I would be overwhelmed to have a kiddo alone, even without PPD. I'm in the throws of PPD a second time and could not imagine doing everything all by myself. So, I would recommend getting fam/friends to help and give them specific assignments and a schedule. Best of luck to you and, most of all, take care of yourself.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageGris0630:
    Are you seeing a counselor for your PPD? Also, do you have family and friends close by? If you did, you could get them to help with child care and household tasks. I would be overwhelmed to have a kiddo alone, even without PPD. I'm in the throws of PPD a second time and could not imagine doing everything all by myself. So, I would recommend getting fam/friends to help and give them specific assignments and a schedule. Best of luck to you and, most of all, take care of yourself.

I go to counseling once a week who specializes in PPD. It doesn't seem to be helping. I dont have any family up here, theyre all south :( Plus we arent that close anywho. And his family is busy with their new family addition (family friend lives with his parent and just had a baby) to really help more that giving me a baby towel on my baby shower. They even ignore DD#1...... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hugs sorry this is hard my advice is to take it one day at a time make sure you plan outings even if it's just to walk around the block also you can look into a new mom's group for support and advice
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"