December 2013 Moms
Options

Should I be loosing weight?

Hi all,

So I weighed myself this morning and I have lost half a stone? This is pregnancy no 5 but Sadley we had 3 misscarages. I have never been so sick. I am 13 weeks this week but I am worried that if I am loosing weight the baby is not getting all it needs?

I have a scan on Thursday and vet excited : we have already had two scans but can't wait to see how much baby has grown in this one xx

Re: Should I be loosing weight?

• Options
    You should be fine. My doctor says you should only gain between 0 and 5 pounds during the first 20 weeks so you should be fine.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I lost weight throughout my entire first trimester with my daughter. I believe I lost about 7 pounds. And I've only gained 1 pound this time so far. I have a very limited appetite. My dr never thought it was a problem as long as baby was growing and she did with no problems

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my first i lost almost 20 pounds. I was very sick with m/s for 9 weeks. I only gained 10 pounds with her. You will be fine. The baby will take what is needs so you will loose weight but baby will grow.
  • Options
    You should be fine as long as you are keeping fluids down. 
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • Options

I've lost 3 pounds at least.  I don't weigh myself at home so that was just from the two appts I've had so far.  Try drinking fruit and veggie smoothies if you can keep them down.  If you can't, then just make sure to keep on drinking fluids so you don't get dehydrated.

Hopefully with 2nd tri approaching for all of us, we'll get some much needed relief! 

• Options
    I've lost weight in the first Tri with both my pregnancies. 10ish pounds both times.

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• Options
    I gained a pound and then lost it. I was overweight to begin with and this is my usual during early pregnancy. I had some morning sickness, but it's gone. I gained 21 lbs with #1 and 19lbs with #2. It's not necessary to gain weight at the beginning. For me, a lot of it comes at the end when baby is fattening up.

• Options
    Thanks guys this makes me feel alot better : we are all in the same boat and YAY bring on second tri x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"