June 2012 Moms
Options

Father's Day

What are you all doing for father's day as far as a gift. I have been brainstorming for awhile and am coming up with nothing. It seems like all the typical ideas revolve around a dress shirt/tie or alcohol, and considering my husband works from home and isn't a drinker, neither of those ideas work as my 'go-to gift'.

Any creative minds out there that would be willing to suggest something? Not just for my husband, but also for my own father. Yup, stumped on what to get him too. lol

Re: Father's Day

• Options
    For the  gift from me I'm getting him tickets to a baseball game, and for the gift from the little man I'm having him do finger painting and then framing it. Saw it online somewhere and it turned out really cute! Hopefully I can pull it off! =0)
  • Options
    I just ordered something off etsy yesterday!  My husband is a huge Star Wars nut and so I got him a shirt that says BIG JEDI and than it also came with a onesie (I got pink) that says LIL JEDI :)  Check etsy or pinterest... They have some great ideas :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH is impossible to shop for. I finally decided to get some cute pictures made of DS so I can frame one for his desk at work. Someone on TB posted a cute one with their LO holding wooden letters to spell out DAD in 3 different pictures. I think we'll do something similar with a chalkboard. DS is totally a daddy's boy right now, which DH kind of eats up, so hopefully this will help commemorate that for him as well.

• Options
    So far I got my husband a valet for our bedroom. He has been wanting one for awhile.

I tried to get his old boots resoled, but the shoe repair 86ed that idea.

I think I'll prob do some sort or handprint or photo with AJ.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

So besides DH I have to bu for 3 other dad's (my parents are divorced plus my FIL:

Here is what I am getting for each (some are combined with my stepsister and SIL):

Dad--stubble trimmer and Starwars iPhone case (per his request)

Stepdad--movie tickets and dinner gc (per his request)

FIL--AA baseball tickets for him his gf and his kids/grandkids

DH--Golf for him and his best friend where he wants to play I might also get him a new framed picture of him and DS on DS's birthday for his office. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    PS: I love the name Aria!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I splurged a little and did voice art for my husband, he is a recording engineer. I recorded DS saying "dada" and all I had to do was upload it to the voice art site and they send you an art piece of the sound waves. Its pretty cool, you can google it if you want. I'm pretty sure DH will like it. 

married my best friend August 6, 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"