Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Anyone doing ivf?

Hello everyone!

Dh and I have been trying to conceive for over a year and in March were told our only option is IVF. Next Thursday I go to meet with the doc for the first time for our first consultation.  I have a lot of questions I was hoping to hear from some ladies on here before I go.

1. How long will it take for me to get started on ivf?

2. What can I expect when doing ivf?

3.  Can you share some personal experiences? Or suggestions and or questions I should ask the doc on Thursday?

******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
 PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

Re: Anyone doing ivf?

• Options

We did IVF to conceive our son and we were on our way to IVF #2 when we got a surprise BFP with this pregnancy. My case may be different than yours bc we tried several alternative fertility tx before starting IVF. We did 6 rounds of clomid before starting 3 IUI with injections then did IVF. We didn't have a break cycle in between any of them. It typically takes several weeks on birth control to regulate your cycle then you will start meds. The sheer amt of meds is overwhelming but break it up as instructed and it won't appear so bad. Injections are for a couple of weeks with sono monitoring almost daily then daily to measure egg size and amt. The egg retrieval  is pretty uncomfortable but you should be fine 1-2days after. You have a 2 week wait before having a beta to check for pregnancy-longest wait of your life.

In my experience the consulting apt is just that, they inform you on diagnosis, treatment options and meds. It's pretty informative but you probably wont start treatments at that time. Have you had any testing done or tried any meds or IUI?

I used Dr. Douglas at https://www.ivfplano.com/ and can't say enough good things about him and his staff. Check out his website, it's pretty informative. GL!

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
    Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
    IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
    Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
    Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"