November 2011 Moms

Milk drinking

For the past couple of months my daughter refuses to drink milk. I've tried everything I can think of. She eats cheese and yogurt which I read are the same as an 8oz glass of milk but I still want her drinking milk. Any suggestions?

Re: Milk drinking

• Sorry I can't help. Maybe it's a phase?
    My LO only wanst to drink milk and hardly eats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There are plenty of healthy kids who just don't drink milk or who are allergic to it. I wouldn't force her to take it. Just make sure she is getting all of her nutrients. If you are worried about her not getting all of those, use a multi-vitamin.

Cow's milk really isn't healthy or natural (too much bad out weighs the good; which most of the "good" is added to the milk anyway). Going milk-free is a real eye opener!

Just let her come around to it in her own time. As well as all foods you want your LO to have, just keep offering it until it takes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • mcvgalmcvgal member

My friend and I go to the same pediatrician and my LO loves milk but her LO did not want to drink it at all. The pediatrician said for her to try 2% milk since her LO was showing great weight gain. He said that sometimes whole milk can give them reflux and so they don't like drinking it. Once she made the switch her little girl has drank milk no problem.

While I wouldn't just make the change like that it might be worth asking you pediatrician?

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• DD didn't care for whole milk but likes 2%. Even then, she only drinks about one sippy cup's worth (8 oz.) a day. She has plenty of dairy so I'm not worried about it.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagegina2433:
    Sorry I can't help. Maybe it's a phase? My LO only wanst to drink milk and hardly eats!

This is my DS1.  I miss my good eater. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"