Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

5 Thing Thursday

1) For the dads with babies here already: What baby purchase became a surprise must have?  Which one wound up collecting dust the fastest?

2)  What do you miss most from your pre-baby/pre-pregnancy days?

3)  What do you love most about being a dad/dad-to-be (aside from the baby itself of course)?

4-5 are you.

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• Options

1) For the dads with babies here already: What baby purchase became a surprise must have?  Which one wound up collecting dust the fastest?

Surprise must have...the Fisher Price seahorse that plays music and lights up.  My oldest loves it so much that when we reintroduced it to him, he still uses it now... and he's almost 2 1/2.  We bought a monkey version for our youngest, he loves the music.  Dust collector was probably the boppy.  Fortunately, it was given to us 2nd hand and we just bought a new cover, but we just simply never used it for feeding.

I probably miss the ability to have some free time to do what I want to do. Nowadays I get a 2 hour window, if I don't work late (which I often do at least a little), on Fridays before my wife comes home with the kids because she picks them up from daycare on Friday.  The rest of the time, if I'm home, the kids are home too and I'm on dad detail (which I love in general).  I don't have a bowling night, or any activity where I get to leave the house on a regular basis kid free.

3)  What do you love most about being a dad/dad-to-be (aside from the baby itself of course)?

Probably watching my oldest grow and develop a personality and see how much he's changed and wondering how much more he's going to change, along with his little brother.  He's changed so much in 3 months already, and is starting to laugh and things, but I know he's going to change so much more.

4) My oldest is an awesome big brother.  I didn't know how he'd react being the center of everyone's attention to having to share the spotlight, but he's taken to his brother remarkably well.  In public, he's protective of him.  My wife took his brother into his daycare room last week and her report was that he stood by the travel seat pointing at the other kids saying "MY baby brother!  No touch!"  He tells people in stores when they stop to look "My baby brother".  He gives his little brother kisses every night to say good night (and randomly during the day) and asks about him if they aren't in the same room.  The best one was a picture my sent me last weekend.  It was a picture of the two of them sitting side by side on the couch, and he reached over and held his brother's hand.

5)  Pacers lost.  I expected it going into the series, but it still sucks.  Especially since it was to the Heat and their front-running fan base (I know there are actual Heat fans, but the vast majority jumped on the bandwagon when LeBron went there).

• Options

1 and 2 are not applicable.

3.  The slow build in anticipation to September.  We're about to get into the 3rd trimester so it seems like everything is now a mad rush to the end.  Lots of planning to do still, child birth classes to attend, the shower, etc.

4.  The AC compressor on my car went bad and was putting large amounts of stress on the serpentine belt.  So much so that it could cause it to snap so I had the shop install a bypass kit so that the compressor is no longer affecting the function of the car.  I haven't had AC in years so it's no big deal other than the $400 it took to fix this.

5.   This week is dragging.  Work sucks and the weather took a dive again and we're getting mid 60's in June.  Feeling disgruntled.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    PrimePrime member

Only 2.5 weeks in we haven't really identified these things yet.  We're still figuring it all out.

Hasn't been long (seems to be a pattern here) but mostly I've given up most of my video games so far.  I'm sure more will come.

Watching him figure things out.  He's been working on rolling.  He's much better going to his left than his right.

4) My mom and brother have been here since Saturday.  My dad flies in today.  It has been great having them here. 

5) I started back at work this week.  So far it has been going alright.  I am just beat by the time I get home though.

• Options
    PrimePrime member
    imageColtsdad:

Surprise must have...the Fisher Price seahorse that plays music and lights up.  My oldest loves it so much that when we reintroduced it to him, he still uses it now... and he's almost 2 1/2.  We bought a monkey version for our youngest, he loves the music.  Dust collector was probably the boppy.  Fortunately, it was given to us 2nd hand and we just bought a new cover, but we just simply never used it for feeding.

My wife loves her Boppy.  Maybe I should have put that down for best baby must have.

• Options

1) The bobby was one that gathered dust the fastest along with pacifiers.  The biggest surprise was how much our LO slept in his swing.  We were not surprised about needing a swing, just how much he would use it.

2) The ability to play computer games without interruptions.  When my LO wants to have time with me he will push my computer aside.  There is times when he kicks me out of my chair and tries to play my game.  That is why I stick with turn based games when possible.

3) Having someone to show me what being a child is like again.

4) Looks like my wife might get to see a Cleveland Clowns football game with her company as a team building event.

5) My boss is allowing me to have a "free" half day off to go to my wife's company's picnic since I took a half day vacation to take my LO to the doctor earlier this year, he also told me that he doesn't care why I am taking vacation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"