Los Angeles Babies
Options

Inexpensive baby shower venue between LA and IE

Hi all,

It's quite a few months off, but I have 99% of my family in the Inland Empire area and all of my friends and coworkers in the valley.  Does anyone know of a place to hold a somewhat inexpensive shower at the halfway point -- say, Pasadena or so?

Do you think having it at a restaurant forces people to order food?  I feel bad having them have to buy food on top of a gift.  The hotels and golf courses seem pricey as well.   Sorry if I'm being too picky.  I suppose I'll take any suggestions.  Thanks!

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Inexpensive baby shower venue between LA and IE

• Options
    Farnsworth park in alta dena has a really cute community center. Not sure how much it costs though.

https://parks.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/dpr/Parks/Charles_S_Farnsworth_Park
  • Options
    I think it is better to provide snacks and drinks at a park, then have it at a restaurant. A restaurant works ok if it is a really small party or if you have a banquet room and provide appetizers or something. I would consider having it in someone's backyard.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If there is a shower somewhere, the guests cannot be expected to pay for the food.  The individual hosting the shower needs to pay for it.  It is tacky to expect your guests to bring a gift and pay for food.  If someone else is going to pay for it, there is Caf? Bizou in Pasadena, which is affordable.  I have been to showers there before.
  • Options

imageorangecurls:
    Farnsworth park in alta dena has a really cute community center. Not sure how much it costs though. https://parks.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/dpr/Parks/Charles_S_Farnsworth_Park

yes I had my shower here, I didn't pay but I think the host said it was inexpensive. You just have to bring everything in like good, decor, & different tables if you don't like theirs. Here are pictures from my shower.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"