Postpartum Depression

Faking it

I'm faking it throughout the day to be happy which is draining and emotionally tiring. I want to be happy so badly but the nervousness and anxiety that I have takes over. I've already posted my story maybe about a month ago but I haven't improved by much even with zoloft and kolonopin.

I'm pregnant I know this is a postpartum board and have a debilitating fear about labor and delivery. I think about it every minute of the day and my only relief is when I'm sleeping, if I'm able to. My friends and family are sick of me talking about the same thing over and over again and I think they really thought it was a 1st trimester hormonal issue but its not. I'm SUFFERING everyday. Can anyone relate? I haven't found one person who has felt like this?

Re: Faking it

• Hi hugs I can relate please speak to your doctor about how you feel a consolor will listen and not judge you if you hold it inside it will only get worse so talk about how you feel also try writing it down that helps
  • Thank you: You can relate because you are also scared ?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm can sort of relate. I am not scared about taking care if my babies I'm having twins or the burth, im a neonatal nurse abd feel prrpared for whats to come, but I am so scared about the extra financial cost of having two. I have struggled with depression for 20 years since I was a child and have spent the last two years planning and saving for a baby. Having the surprise if two has changed my plans drastically causing my depression to deepen at times. I too have spent much if this pregnancy "pretending" to be happy. However I love my ob and she has assured me that when these babies are born she will continue to monitor before sending me back to work. At times I blame my sadness on hormons however I know deep down it is also depression and so I have been trying to learn relaxation techniques to help me calm down or pull me out of sadness when it gets to challenging.
  • I can relate although my fears weren't as debilitating as it sounds like yours are. I also had a serious fear of labor and delivery with my first. I even had nightmares! But I made it through it just as you will because we have to! And I went on to have a second even though I thought the first time around was pretty crappy! However I know plenty of ppl that didn't think their experience was bad at all. I just kept telling myself it was too late...I had to deliver at some point! Plus you may be like some of my friends and it might not be too bad!
  • I am 6 weeks postpartum and I understand. I just posted a long post above. I'm afraid and pretendjng every day.
    Married 07-02-2004
    MC 09-11-2004
    MC 10-22-2004

My beautiful daughter was born 08-31-2005

Cycle 4 of TTC #2
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"