March 2012 Moms

Fave books?

Our library has a big used book sale coming up and I'm hoping to get a bunch more books for DS.  He has a TON already, but the kid seriously loves to be read to Smile so I take advantage of any opportunity to add more variety.  Most kids books are 25-50 cents, so I tend to do pretty well without spending a lot.

So, what books is your LO loving right now?

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
52 books in 2015?           
image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   

Re: Fave books?

• Jane loves books, as well.  Right now she's really loving "Llama, Llama Nighty Night" by Anna Dewdney, "Giraffes Can't Dance" by Giles Andreae and Guy Parker-Rees.  We also really like the "Snuggle Puppy" book by Sandra Boynton.

• Big Red Barn

But Not the Hippopotamus

Going to Bed Book

Sleepy Owl

Bedtime for Max and Milley

Bear Snores On

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • DD currently loves "I am a Bunny" and "Bear Snores On", along with the whole series.  We also love "Barnyard Dance" and anything Eric Carle, as well as the "That's Not My Baby" touch and feel book, flap books, 100 first words (though there's no story, just photos and words), and ,"The Poky Little Puppy."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Are You My Mother? by PD Eastman and Where is Spot?  (lift the flap) are two of Benny's favorites.   

• There are no bad books in our house. Alexander makes us read at least 7-10 books to him every night and when we're home on the weekends, we go through his entire library during the day-- and we're talking about 35/45 books! He loves all the slide and find books with the little windows he can move back and forth and anything with flaps where he can look and find things. I think I've read Brown Bear, Brown Bear approximately 250 times so I'd call that a favorite. He also has this series with this puppy named Spot-- "Where is Spot?" "Spot Goes to the Library," he loves those too for some reason. He has a lot of the Thomas the Train books that have the sounds to go along with the story that he really enjoys, too. 

• imageyhaener:

Are You My Mother? by PD Eastman and Where is Spot?  (lift the flap) are two of Benny's favorites.   

Lol. I totally missed your post. Another Spot lover! 

• Dd especially loves DOG by Matthew Van Fleet. She is obsessed with dogs. Other favorites are Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle, Pajama Time, Snuggle Puppy, Belly Button Book and Are You a Cow. Really anything Sandra Boynton and Eric Carle are great!
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Thanks so much everyone!  I thing there are only a couple in this post that we already have, so I have a nice long list to look for at the sale Smile  I just hate going to these without any books in mind, I wind up just grabbing random ones (which can sometimes be great, but more often isn't).  I appreciate all the suggestions! 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    52 books in 2015?           
  • ZimgerZimger member

A little late to the post but I figured I'd chime in anyway.He is really liking any book that involves actions or songs.

Childs Play International has a set of books that feature simple songs:

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

If Your Happy and You Know It

and a few others.

He also really digs any flap books or touch and feel books.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The Hiccupotamus is DS's current obsession, and I actually think it's pretty cute. Other favorites are Goodnight Moon, Where the Wild Things Are, My First 100 Animals, and The Red Wagon
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • imageeyenigh:
    imageyhaener:

Are You My Mother? by PD Eastman and Where is Spot?  (lift the flap) are two of Benny's favorites.   

I love Spot! I remember having Spot books in Kindergarten so it is fun to read them with DD.  

• imagelisadfox:
    imageeyenigh:
    imageyhaener:

I love Spot! I remember having Spot books in Kindergarten so it is fun to read them with DD.  

I had no idea Spot was a thing! The first books weren't published until I was too old to be reading them so Spot was all new to me!

• DD is in love with everything by Sandra Boynton. She has 3 of them memorized, it's amazing...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagejoyfullyfound:
    DD is in love with everything by Sandra Boynton. She has 3 of them memorized, it's amazing...

Wow!  Sounds like we need to jump on the Sandra Boynton train - we don't have any of her books! 

52 books in 2015?           
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"