Baby Showers
Options

What kind of food would you serve?

I am hosting my very first baby shower. I was wondering what kind of foods I should prepare. I asked the MTB, but I'm waiting for a text back. Are there any foods at showers that you really liked that you would want served at your own shower?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What kind of food would you serve?

• Options

2 PM and the theme is monkeys. She's having a boy if that helps!

• Options
    HBirdieHBirdie member

I consider attending a party a success if there's a cheese and cracker tray. YUM. You don't have to include meat (since I know a lot of pregnant women are leery of possible listeria or whatever), just cheese and crackers are fine IMO. Also, chips and salsa/dip/guacamole, berries and other fresh fruit, cut up veggies and dressing... 

2pm is perfect because it's after lunch but well before dinner, so you don't have to serve a meal. Just do easy, snacky stuff that you don't need utensils for (tiny paper plates and heavy food requiring forks drive me CRAZY, except cake obviousy). You could also consider a nice little dessert bar- have some snacky foods like mentioned above, but focus more on treats- cookies, bowls of candy, the cake, etc.

You have lots of options! Have fun! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! I appreciate your input!
  • Options
    I've served a chicken club ring from pampered chef at a few showers. It's delicious and people love it everytime. Google for the recipe.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Options
    Big fat juicy pickles...mmm haha
  • Options
    If the theme is monkeys, you definitely need some banana bread or banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting... Chocolate dipped bananas? Banana split bar? Omg I'm seriously dying now... Yum!
  • Options
    atcwagatcwag member

I was at a shower recently where they had a yogurt parfait bar that I thought was a FANTASTIC idea.

They had yogurt, various cut up fruits and granola.  It was awesome!

They also had a veggie/dip tray, cheese/meat/cracker tray, and another fruit tray.  They may have also had some chips and other "snacky" foods.

If you aren't hosting during a specified meal time that would warrant a full meal, keep it to snack and finger foods.  Other than what I've mentioned above, finger sandwiches (meat/cheese, egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad) are popular as well as a dessert bar (brownies, cookies, etc.) and various dips. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I would do a mix of sweet and savory. Normally at between-meal parties, I put out things like this:

cheese plate

chips, salsa and guacamole

hummus with fresh veggies

fruit plate

cookies

brownies 

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Htle07Htle07 member

imagesomerandomchick:
    At my shower my mom had giant bowls of blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and quartered strawberries.... They were very popular. Fresh fruit is SO GOOD.

Make a fruit kabob out of these. Nice presentation and easy to prepare.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"