Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Stokke Tripp Trapp

XP from Special Needs.

DD is in feeding therapy and her therapist recommended the Stokke Tripp Trapp. Just wanted some feedback on it. How do you like it? Ease of use? 

Thanks

Re: Stokke Tripp Trapp

• Options
    I guess I am just being nosy but why this chair?  My girlfriend had her son in feeding therapy and he used his regular high chair, the chicco one, sometimes with the tray and sometimes pulled right up tot table.  Did the therapist mention why this chair?  Isn't it super expensive?
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Options

DD eats better when she's in a 90-90-90 posture. She has very low muscle tone throughout her body due to a prenatal stroke and brain damage. So if her trunk isn't activated then she tends to balance herself using her tongue. You can't eat if your tongue is sticking out.

It's about $300 for the chair and the tray, though I can get the chair for $179 and the tray for $50 if I do it via separate sites.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have 2 and love them. We pull it up to the table and never bought a tray. Both of my kids have the babyset on there's because I don't trust them to not fall off of it without. They do need to be able to sit up VERY well because even with the straps on the babyset it doesn't lend a lot of support for young babies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options
    I have a Svan, which is similar to the Stokke, that we used for my son.  I loved that it could be used for little ones and grow with them as a toddler and even bigger kid chair.  I had the infant insert thing, but like the PP we quickly moved to just sitting up at the table with the rest of the family.  Yes it was a 90 degree angle, but I didn't see any upside or downside to that... It worked great for us.

Expecting twins! Put on strict bedrest at home after preterm labor at 22 weeks. Hospitalized at 22 weeks and again at 29 weeks. No more please!
  • Options

I have two tripp trapps and love them. I never bought the baby set (the harness was fine), nor did I find a need for a tray. Part of the appeal was that we had limited space and it went right up to the table instead of using a tray. At almost 6 and almost 4 my kids still use them for every meal. 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love ours and I plan on getting another one to use for this LO. We never used our current one as a high chair, so I can't speak to that part of it, but everything else about it is great. There are a couple of people on the SAHM board with them, you might want to ask there...one has a younger child than me and probably used it as a high chair.
  • Options

We have used our Tripp Trapps since our kids were very young - like 8-10 months.  As a pp said, the child has to be able to sit up pretty well, although we padded with pillows to help DS stay up a bit younger.  Never bought a tray, just pulled it up to the table.

Check Craigslist and eBay.  We got ours on eBay (new) for under $200 including shipping.  They're a great investment because you can sell it when you're done or just keep it forever - move the foot plate up to become a seat, and you have a desk chair for a pre-teen/ teen.  They're designed to hold 250 lbs.

• Options
    LOVE our Tripp Trapp...DS still uses it at 3 years old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"