Oregon Babies

When was first prenatal appt?

I'm going to OHSU and my first appt isn't until 10 weeks. I love my OBGYN there. I have an "intake" appt on June 20 and then an appt with my doc on June 26. What happens at the intake? This is our first pregnancy!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: When was first prenatal appt?

• I started care with OHSU and had an intake appt before meeting with a midwife. It was uneventful, really. An assistant asked a lot of questions about my health and history, then told me about the tests available and what they next appt would look like. They didn't even try to listen for a heartbeat. So, don't expect a whole lot, but it's good for getting familiar with the hospital and getting some basic info.
  • Mine wasn't until 12 weeks but because I had had a miscarriage before this last pregnancy, they let me come in at 8 (after much negotiation).
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had Kaiser for both pregnancies, so it's probably different.  I had my first appointment between 7-8 weeks and they did the first ultrasound to date the pregnancy, confirm that it looked good, and make sure it wasn't twins.  Because it was so early, they did the vaginal ultrasound.  
  • I went to Providence Family Medical Center at Gateway (been going there for about 9 years now) and they did my first prenatal visit when I went in to confirm my pregnancy. I was about only 5 weeks along (4 weeks 6 days)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Your intake will be mostly about your health history and providing a lot of information and literature, if I remember correctly. They will probably offer the sequential screening ultrasound and blood work too so they can get it scheduled if you want it.
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Once your appts. happen, I'd love an update! I'm two weeks behind you in both appointments and it is my first pregnancy as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"