One & Done: Only child
Options

Yet another intro...

Hello ladies!

I?ve lurked on this board since it was created but was nervous from the start to intro because although I?m technically OAD, and I also a 9 yr old stepson (from DH?s previous relationship). Please feel free to tell me if I?m in the right place!

About DD: she?s beautiful, amazing, and I feel so blessed to have been have her in my life. I knew before DH and I got married that he did not want any more children. We actually almost broke up right after we started dating because he told me this. I decided to stay and see where things went. So things move along and we eventually decide to get married. Before I would say yes though, I told him that we needed to talk about the children issue. After many talks, he agreed to have one more, so I was obviously very ecstatic!

After Z was born, we were both over the moon and of course I started to think about having another. At this point, DH was actually flip flopping between being OAD and having one more. I love DH to death, but he has the patience of a 2 year old, and although I know he loves Z to death, she can be a handful sometimes and he gets frustrated. It?s times when she?s having a raging meltdown (terrible two?s can suck it!) he always goes back to being 100% OAD. I actually held a huge grudge against him for a long time, and thinking back on it, I hate how I felt so pissed off all of the time, when I knew his feelings from the beginning. After many months of mulling it over, and admitting the true reasons I want another ie: a sibling for Z, wanting to be pregnant again, etc. I realized that my reasons were completely outweighed by reasons not to have another: I don?t have as much patience as I thought I would, DH and I both work 12 hr shifts (law enforcement) so scheduling sports etc will be a nightmare later on, and many, many more.

Well, that?s my novel and if you?ve made it through without going cross eyed, you deserve a medal! I?m extremely grateful for all of the posts about why everyone is OAD, and it has really validated that my feelings are normal (someone please tell that to my mother, who apparently thinks I need at least 2 more like she had!).

ETA: fixed the paragraphs!

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Yet another intro...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"