Multiples
Options

When to schedule csection?

I have a doctors appt tomorrow and will ask my doc this same question, but wanted to get your experience/thoughts on scheduling a csection for twins. I am at 33w3d and get an ultrasound every week now. For as long as I can remember the babies have both or at least one been breech. I've come to terms with it being a csection and was wondering at what point you all scheduled your csection, if you did. For what it's worth, my pregnancy has been pretty uneventful minus some back pain, nausea, and PUPPS.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: When to schedule csection?

• Options

I just hit 33 weeks today.  I had an OB/MFM appointment yesterday.  One of the attendings said that since baby1 is breech and it's unlikely that she'll turn at this point so we MOST LIKELY not be attempting vaginal birth and c-section is likely. 

That said, I saw him after I saw my OB.  OB (who is a fellow in the clinic) said that we will be discussing delivery possibilities next appointment (scheduling induction/c-section type stuff).  

I assume that it will come up in your appointment anyway tomorrow.  If not, it's good that you will bring it up.  If they aren't ready to schedule, they will do it soon.

Do you know if you have an end date other than your 40week due date?  I will not be going past 38 weeks for sure so we are drawing closer anyway.  

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm having an elective C- Section (both babies are  breech, but in the off chance they turn, I'm still having a C-Section anyway) and my OB told me she would not do a scheduled C Section before 38 weeks.  Now, if they try to come out before then or something goes wrong in the meantime, she'll have no choice but to proceed with the C-Section.  Aside from that....it's 38 weeks or bust.  
    TTC since Aug 2011, RE since May 2012. Dx: PCOS,endo, postprandial hypoglycemia DH: SA 1 - low everything, 2- low everything, 3 - good, but WBC, 4 - lost and/or damaged at lab, 5 - low everything July - Letrozole + TI = BFN Aug - letrozole #2 + TI = BFN Sep - NEW RE!! YAY!!!! Move to IVF w/ICSI - ER on Nov 28 - 34 eggs! 2 day report - 26 successfully fertilized! 13 of 26 frozen at 3 days. 5dt of 2 best remaining eggs! BFP on HPT 6dp5dt Beta #1 10dp5dt-471 Beta #2 13dp5dt - 1250
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My c-section is scheduled for 38 weeks (Baby A is breech). I was hoping with PUPPS they might take me sooner, but sadly it doesn't seem to reach the status of medically necessity for induction. Based on the current mental stability of the mother, I might disagree...
  • Options
    I'm 35 weeks today and my OB and MFM both said we will discuss the plan at 37 weeks if I haven't gone into labor on my own.  Basically if Baby B (the one that keeps flipping) is head down at 37 weeks we may talk about an induction because we are trying to avoid a csection if at all possible.  But if B is still breech then we'll just keep going until labor starts and then go into a csection if needed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm a couple weeks behind you, but in the same boat: one or both have been breech for what feels like forever.

Scheduling a c/s came up w my OB at my last appt. she wants to "get a date on the calendar" around 39w. We haven't set the date yet and I haven't pushed bc I'm still holding onto a tiny shred of hope that I'll get to attempt a vag delivery.

My water broke spontaneously at 37w1d w my first, so of course if I go into labor before that and I still have a breech A, it'll be a c/s then.

I'll bring up scheduling again prob around 35w if it doesn't come up w my OB again before then. I have no real reason for choosing 35w, btw

• Options
    No insight to add - just wanted to say thanks for asking because I was wondering the same thing! Hoping both of my ladies are head down at my next appt, but wondering if we put a scheduled induction or csection on the calendar just in case I make it that far (here's to hoping!)
  • Options

A has always been breech and B keeps flipping (in fact I think he is headed down now). I have come to terms with a C-section as well and have asked about it multiple times. We finally scheduled it at 35 week appointment for exactly 38 weeks. He was willing to do 38 and 1 day but it looked like if those two weren't available schedule wise I would have been bumped up earlier.

If I go into labor I will still have to get a C-section. A is presenting feet first and usually is, so no chance even if B is head down.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    At my OB appointment last Thursday (exactly 33 weeks), I was given my c-section/induce date.  I will be having the beans at roughly 37.5 weeks.  My OB doesn't like to go past 37 weeks with twins.  I say induce because my OB is open to vaginal birth if my little girl would stop moving.  She had gone back to transverse when we went to the perinatologist that afternoon.  They can still move (not sure how though).  I go Thursday for a growth scan, and hopefully she will have turned back to head down--so far no one has ever gone breach.  I guess it depends on what your doctor thinks.  In my mind though, I knew 37 weeks was going to be the deadline.
  • Options
    My OB scheduled my csection for 38 weeks 0 days when baby A was breech. She would not do it earlier unless I went into labor on my own which I did. However, baby A flipped at 35 weeks and went head down and she changed my scheduled csection to a scheduled induction.
    ~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • Options
    Both my boys were breech for most of my pregnancy. We always discussed csection at my appts and it being around 38 weeks. I received a letter with the date and that was that. I had them at 38 weeks and 4 days.
  • Options
    SwetaVSwetaV member
    Looks like the general consensus is 38 weeks or whenever you got into labor yourself. The doc mentioned in previous appointments that was the latest he would let me go, so that makes sense. Thanks for the insight. Going to try and hold these babies in until then! Only a lovely 5 more weeks to go!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"