August 2013 Moms
Options

Ultrasound nerves

I know it's totally normal to be nervous before an ultrasound. This time, I'm not nervous to get news of no heartbeat because I can feel my little guy rolling around and kicking as usual. But this is a 3D 4D and I'm scared to see something crazy like half his face undeveloped or missing fingers or toes. If something was physically wrong, it would've been noticed at my anatomy scan, right? This place is a studio so my understanding is they can't even tell me if something seems abnormal. Part of me doesn't feel ready for this!! I'm usually not so dramatic about things lol.
Feeling like a big bloated hormonal whale of a tale. It's awesome.

Re: Ultrasound nerves

• Options

If you are that nervous, don't do it. Why let an elective ultrasound cause so much anxiety for you!?!?!

If you choose to do it, just relax and enjoy it. The anatomy scan should have picked up most physical defects, if any were present.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    3d/4d pictures look weird anyway.  If there is something physically wrong, they should have been able to see it on the a/s.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol, I think 3D ultrasounds are totally weird looking, too! Like canned coagulated nacho cheese sauce ha. This was the one thing DH wanted for his birthday because he had missed out on the anatomy scan and was soooo bummed out. As goofy as I find elective 3Ds, I'm not going to deny him the experience just because I'm having some last minute jitters. It's going to be great, I just can't help having what if questions race through my mind.
  • Options

They would have noticed a major abnormality during your anatomy scan. Keep in mind that during a 3d/4d scan it is ideal to go between 27-31 weeks. If you're measuring big the quality might not be as good, as in it really might look as though your baby is missing part of his nose, or has no forehead, etc. It's only because baby is squished. Different angles of course should help but I didn't want you to freak out if you thought your baby looked funny. We did our 3d scan on Saturday and our little one is already measuring about a week to two weeks ahead so it was about like scanning a 33 weeker, lots of funny looking shots for sure, but still totally worth it!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm at 27 weeks, so I'm hoping he won't seem too squished. I've been watching some YouTube videos to get an idea of what to expect today. :smile::
  • Options

3d 4d is really just for enjoyment purposes.  If it's making you nervous, don't do it.  I had one....and Baby A looked like the elephant man it it.  She always presses her face into the membrane (like when you were a kid and you'd stretch seran wrap over your face) so they warned me she would look goofy if they showed me the 3D version.  Sure enough....she looked so ridiculous I had them print a picture of it.  It's not even recognizable as a human, but it is a good laugh.  

They would have found anything "wrong" in an anatomy scan already, so just enjoy the show. 

TTC since Aug 2011, RE since May 2012. Dx: PCOS,endo, postprandial hypoglycemia DH: SA 1 - low everything, 2- low everything, 3 - good, but WBC, 4 - lost and/or damaged at lab, 5 - low everything July - Letrozole + TI = BFN Aug - letrozole #2 + TI = BFN Sep - NEW RE!! YAY!!!! Move to IVF w/ICSI - ER on Nov 28 - 34 eggs! 2 day report - 26 successfully fertilized! 13 of 26 frozen at 3 days. 5dt of 2 best remaining eggs! BFP on HPT 6dp5dt Beta #1 10dp5dt-471 Beta #2 13dp5dt - 1250
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"