August 2013 Moms
Options

Joint shower VENT

I don't post often. And I've never posted a vent. But, here I go.
My husband's cousin's wife is also pregnant and we are due on the same day. Ironic, but I'm excited that my little guy and his cousin, a girl, will grow up together, being the exact same age.
My in laws have decided to do a joint shower for us. I am TOTALLY fine with that. It's easy for everyone. Im not crazy about my inlaws to begin with.
The shower that my sister is throwing is bigger and will include my friends and family.
My mom got her invite to the shower today. I am having a boy and the cousin is having a girl. Both are our first kids. The invite is pink and purple. My mom tried to downplay it by saying it was blueishpurple. No. It's purple. The color shouldn't get to me, but it does. They could have bought rubber ducky ones. Or they make blue and pink ones for parents that are Team Green.
I understand I'm being a big fat baby and over reacting about this, but it just upsets me.
Thanks for listening.
AmyBeth BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Joint shower VENT

• Options
    Looks like you'll be dealing with this type of thing from the inlaws forever. Maybe they thought they were more blue when they ordered them? Wait and see what the shower is like. Invitations aren't that big of a deal for me, but I can see why you'd be upset. Fingers crossed the shower is better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think it is just your past relationship that is bothering you about this. 

People know you are having a boy. Pink is a fine color for an invite. They may not have had a lot of choices.

I think it will all work out.

One nice thing about having a boy is that everything isn't pepto pink! I am sure people won't buy you pink presents :-) 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why can't purple be a boy color too?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Options
    Nah- I'm with you.  I'd be pissed too :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

a)  You're obviously not OKAY with it, if you are, you wouldn't be worked up over stupid invitations. Stop trying to kid yourself.

b) If they ordered them online, they could have been misled on the color.  Or, they could have just though they were cute invites and didn't pay much attention to the color because, frankly, it doesn't matter.  

c)BE GRATEFUL these people are having a shower for you at all.  I had to suffer through my 3 older cousins showers, and now that the youngest is finally having a baby, I'm not getting a shower, of any kind, at all.  

TTC since Aug 2011, RE since May 2012. Dx: PCOS,endo, postprandial hypoglycemia DH: SA 1 - low everything, 2- low everything, 3 - good, but WBC, 4 - lost and/or damaged at lab, 5 - low everything July - Letrozole + TI = BFN Aug - letrozole #2 + TI = BFN Sep - NEW RE!! YAY!!!! Move to IVF w/ICSI - ER on Nov 28 - 34 eggs! 2 day report - 26 successfully fertilized! 13 of 26 frozen at 3 days. 5dt of 2 best remaining eggs! BFP on HPT 6dp5dt Beta #1 10dp5dt-471 Beta #2 13dp5dt - 1250
  • Options

Yeah, it'd irritate me.  But maybe this was the closest they could get to two colors?  I'd probably tell myself that whether it was true or not.   

imagecbm3228:
    Nah- I'm with you.  I'd be pissed too :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I, personally, wouldn't have agreed to a joint baby shower. You have to deal with it now.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"