Stay at Home Moms

Anyone have birdfeeders?

For some reason, we've never done them before this year, but DH got a wild hair this spring and now we're the neighborhood bird cafeteria. We get a lot of random birds, but my favorites are the goldfinches and the hummingbirds.

If you have birdfeeders, do you get some pretty birds? 

Re: Anyone have birdfeeders?

• We just got one the other day because the boys are obsessed with watching the birds and squirrels in the giant tree out back. We've had a lot of blue jays, which we hadn't seen before!
    holz

My little sidekick August 2010

Mr. Sunshine April 2012

• We got one this year so DS could watch the birds. We get tons but nothing particularly pretty. The feeder holds like 4 or 5 cups and it is gone in less than 24 hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We have 3. There's a hummingbird feeder, a big one staked into the middle of our yard, and a see-through one that's suction-cupped to our dining room window. I love wild birds, and could watch them all day :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Well I did until a storm blew over the tree that was holding the feeder. Sad panda. I need to get something free standing. I love watching the birds!
  • We do. I just saw a male and female oriole pair last night so now I want an oriole feeder to keep them around.

• doxgirldoxgirl member
    We just moved to a new house and have  beautiful birds in the backyard. I just bought a feeder to entice them to stay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We set up a couple in our yard for the first time this spring. I think we get the *Wild bird* or *song bird* mix. We mostly see Robins and Cardinals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"